• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Action

Opsman

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2022
Missouri
Anyone using the Curtis Scout action? I’m looking to built a semi custom rifle for hunting and this action caught my eye. Any feedback is appreciated.

I built a 22 Creedmoor off a Tikka. Turned out awesome. But I have it in a MDT chassis with AI mags. I was shooting for flush mags with this build with an AG composites stock. Know factory Tikka mags can go flush, but the Tikka factory mags don’t do it for me.

Tikka's are great for cheap, accurate hunting rifles. Building them up is a waste of money, you will spend the same amount as a custom action without the benefits and the drawbacks of running the tikka system. Much better off getting into an ecosystem that can get you good prefit barrels in 3 days.

Reactions: Gentleman4561
I run a Curtis. Hell, I run or have ran a lot of “non-main stream” actions like Mesa Precision Ti, Stiller Predator, and Stiller made PT&G 6.8 bolt face action. I also have Lone Peak and Zermatt TL3. I have handled and shot Defiance, Impact, and some others as well as Tikka.

The Curtis Valor I have is post bolt stop shearing and after they upgraded their equipment. Honestly when top dollar cannot by a Terminus due to lies, false deadlines and vendor ahead of individual sales I will continue to run a Curtis - its a great action.

Go ahead, put your money up for a Terminus and let the endless wait begin. I assembled three custom rifles before Terminus could fulfill the commitment on one order. I cancelled and secured a Curtis in one week. It was in my hands in 2 days. The rifle is awesome!

Nothing at all wrong with a Valor. I have not run the Scout.

Last edited:
I have many actions including a zues and have 2 valors that are great. I love the valors.

I would suggest taking info from those who actually have these actions and not the fan boy club that make excuses for some and trash others repeating things from years ago. I will leave it at that if the fan club wants to.

You asked about Curtis and I have 2 of them and can compare them to many many others and they are great. Also, it's easy to get and if you need something in the future you can get it. That simply isn't the case for others. Zermatt also makes a fantastic action and has great customer support as I'm very familiar with that too. I would not hesitate to buy a Curtis though and I can give you actual info on not just the action but customer support too from chase if you want to know more. I'm talking about first hand actual info, not rumor mill fan boy tripe

Last edited:
I have many actions including a zues and have 2 valors that are great. I love the valors.

I would suggest taking info from those who actually have these actions and not the fan boy club that make excuses for some and trash others repeating things from years ago. I will leave it at that if the fan club wants to.
I think you qualify for more of a fan boy for Curtis than anyone else on here does for Terminus or any other action 😂

I think you qualify for more of a fan boy for Curtis than anyone else on here does for Terminus or any other action 😂
No, I just get tired of seeing the same fan boys trash an outfit they simply don't know anything about because they are in love with another. It's weird and it gets old. Like I said, I have both and many others. I know first hand about both, DO YOU?

Watching curtis actions go down at matches is hilarious and there is usually one. Every single person I know who shoots one, carries half a dozen bolt stops or ends up taping a highlighter or magic marker. to the stock to keep the bolt from coming out every cycle when it does happen. Same issue with Stiller actions. I saw 3 curtis actions go down this season due to bolt stops just in my squad. One was out of spares so he had to do the ol highlighter trick. Saw 2 stillers go down. Have yet to see an impact go down or lone peak or terminus. You will see more AI's go down then those 3 brands combined. This is what we call a hint.

The people who defend them to the death probably never shoot them or are too ashamed to admit it.

Then if you really want to get spicy, talk about their customer service, if you can even get someone on the phone. There is a reason no on recommends that shit anymore.

Reactions: SniperBro
I played with a Curtis and a Zermatt at a class, I ended up adding a Zermatt to the stable instead of a Terminus (using the Curtis as a facsimile).

No, I just get tired of seeing the same fan boys trash an outfit they simply don't know anything about because they are in love with another. It's weird and it gets old. Like I said, I have both and many others. I know first hand about both, DO YOU?
To be fair, that's all I've seen you do regarding anything Terminus, and the opposite regarding Curtis, usually in the same comment repeatedly on threads. So I don't think anyone else is doing anything that you haven't or don't do on a regular basis. I'm not sure how you would know what someone does or doesn't know, or what actions they have and haven't used, or what experiences they may or may not have. Sounds like a lot of assumptions. Some of your comments seems over the top and/or passive aggressive attempting to be disguised as genuine. They are all little pot shots at Terminus.

We get it, you had to wait longer than you were originally told for a Terminus, and Curtis had two on the shelf and shipped them within six minutes of you placing your order. If that's the end of the world for you, that's fair. Just like other's experience with other companies may matter to them. Not sure how you became the trier of fact on these issues and get to decide who's concerns are and aren't legitimate as you've implied many times now. At the end of the day no one really cares and they have their own opinions. I just notice you often have an opinion and don't like when other have opposing opinions, especially regarding Terminus.

And just so you know, I've used Curtis plenty of times, that's primarily what my brother used to shoot. I thought they were decent actions, but he did have some of the issues stated a few comments above. I just happened to switch over at a time where the Zeus was out. That's what I wanted and that's what I went with. I've never had any issues with the company. My order came close to the estimated fill date. And I just ordered a Magnum Zeus bolt via Email a few weeks ago and Joel personally responded and processed the order within probably an hour (I should post some screenshots to really get the haters riled up 😂). I had it in my possession within like two or three days. So I've never personally dealt with the issues, but I know some have. I guess it all depends on your perspective, patience snd desire to have the best equipment out there. Everyone is different.

Edit: Screenshots added because, why not 😁 Here's some of that horrible customer service!!!

7A94EE7D-B9AE-41C2-9764-7402CBE55211.jpeg
FF75AA6C-8988-4905-8187-862335EA66D2.jpeg
EC90684F-97D8-4553-9843-17C9875AE093.jpeg

Last edited:
To be fair, that's all I've seen you do regarding anything Terminus, and the opposite regarding Curtis, usually in the same comment repeatedly on threads. So I don't think anyone else is doing anything that you haven't or don't do on a regular basis. I'm not sure how you would know what someone does or doesn't know, or what actions they have and haven't used, or what experiences they may or may not have. Sounds like a lot of assumptions. Some of your comments seems over the top and/or passive aggressive attempting to be disguised as genuine. They are all little pot shots at Terminus.

We get it, you had to wait longer than you were originally told for a Terminus, and Curtis had two on the shelf and shipped them within six minutes of you placing your order. If that's the end of the world for you, that's fair. Just like other's experience with other companies may matter to them. Not sure how you became the trier of fact on these issues and get to decide who's concerns are and aren't legitimate as you've implied many times now. At the end of the day no one really cares and they have their own opinions. I just notice you often have an opinion and don't like when other have opposing opinions, especially regarding Terminus.

And just so you know, I've used Curtis plenty of times, that's primarily what my brother used to shoot. I thought they were decent actions, but he did have some of the issues stated a few comments above. I just happened to switch over at a time where the Zeus was out. That's what I wanted and that's what I went with. I've never had any issues with the company. My order came close to the estimated fill date. And I just ordered a Magnum Zeus bolt via Email a few weeks ago and Joel personally responded and processed the order within probably an hour (I should post some screenshots to really get the haters riled up 😂). I had it in my possession within like two or three days. So I've never personally dealt with the issues, but I know some have. I guess it all depends on your perspective, patience snd desire to have the best equipment out there. Everyone is different.

Edit: Screenshots added because, why not 😁 Here's some of that horrible customer service!!!

View attachment 7975617View attachment 7975619View attachment 7975618

I'm glad he happened to have your bolt that's awesome. I would not hesitate to buy another Terminus on the used market either I just wouldn't buy new and if anyone wants to know the whole story they can easily find it.

No, I don't go into every terminus thread and beat Joel up, nor have I said anything about his product. I've said how much I liked Joel and how great the action is. So not that isn't being fair.

You act like this was all just a matter of not getting something on time also, which is not even close to the truth, but I'm not here to rehash terminus. I stand by what I have said and many others and it's far from simply not meeting a time line.

I have asked straight up more than once IF ANYONE HAS ANY FIRST HAND INTERACTION WITH CURTIS WHERE SOMETHING BROKE AND CURTIS SCREEED THEM OR WHATEVER, THEN SAY IT ALL BROTHER SAY IT ALL. So far, the answer to that question is " NO ".

If your brother did have an issue, then when was it? What happened? What did Curtis do about it?

If there was some problem with a bolt stop and Curtis didn't make it right then fine, say so. Lay it all out, but stop acting like @Elite_KG and myself and many others are all buthurt about Joel missing time lines by a year and that's all there is to it because that simply isn't true. Stop going around trashing Curtis if you don't know what you're talking about. You obviously dont have one or youd have said it or said what you used to have, especially since this isnt the first time weve done this. If you or anyone else has First Hand experience then go for it, I've asked this now several times and gotten nothing but rumor speculation and supposed stories about people at matches....

It's not just Curtis, it's any business. If someone is going to trash them and jump into every thread when the name is mentioned to do so , they need to have real facts and tell it.

I don't have any issue with you man, you seem like a good dude and I'd do a deal with you any time and go shoot with you any time man. Chase Curtis wouldn't know my name if you asked him and I have no ties or loyalty to any manufacturer. I do however own a business and when pot shots are taken without any real first hand accounts then it does bother me. You can find people who are not happy with zermatt (and I think it would be agreed by most that they have the best CS in the business). It is what it is.

Just in closing, I will say that I'm not sure I've ever made any comments about Curtis, but I know others have. I don't really need to speculate. Even hearing of stories, and some minor issues that my brother seemed to have (they were resolved and he sold the actions), doesn't mean I think they are trash. Like I said, I thought they were decent. Shot them a fair amount. It's just the overall discourse on this issue, or constant "trashing" of Terminus (matter of opinion and definition I supposed) that I don't get, even on threads not immediately related. I've always also said that I understand the dissatisfaction with the deadlines and customer service related to that, which everyone should be aware of as a risk by now after all this time. But it seems to go beyond that in most cases, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me other than just personal grudges or "pot shots" as I called them.

It's nothing personal against anyone, I think you're a stand up guy, too. I was just pointing out what I felt I noticed when it started up again. I really don't care what anyone says either way, but I think it's fair for it to go both ways in those cases. I have no connection to Terminus other than my opinion of them being the best in the game after using several of the top custom actions. I know Joel, but have acknowledged the faults of the company like anyone else. So it's not like I have anything to gain from any of this. Just don't think it's always warranted or fair sometimes when there are negative things that people could say about just about all companies. To me, there's a difference between pointing out and issue, and needling and harping on them for years. Just my two cents. But it doesn't mean anything, and I hope you don't feel personal attacked, although I did sort of poke fun at you directly. Don't read too much into it, honestly they are all solid actions today. The great thing about it is people have the options that they do to fit their preference, so no one should be stuck with anything they don't like for one reason or another. I hope they all continue to be successful so we have as many options available as possible.

Just in closing, I will say that I'm not sure I've ever made any comments about Curtis, but I know others have. I don't really need to speculate. Even hearing of stories, and some minor issues that my brother seemed to have (they were resolved and he sold the actions), doesn't mean I think they are trash. Like I said, I thought they were decent. Shot them a fair amount. It's just the overall discourse on this issue, or constant "trashing" of Terminus (matter of opinion and definition I supposed) that I don't get, even on threads not immediately related. I've always also said that I understand the dissatisfaction with the deadlines and customer service related to that, which everyone should be aware of as a risk by now after all this time. But it seems to go beyond that in most cases, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me other than just personal grudges or "pot shots" as I called them.

It's nothing personal against anyone, I think you're a stand up guy, too. I was just pointing out what I felt I noticed when it started up again. I really don't care what anyone says either way, but I think it's fair for it to go both ways in those cases. I have no connection to Terminus other than my opinion of them being the best in the game after using several of the top custom actions. I know Joel, but have acknowledged the faults of the company like anyone else. So it's not like I have anything to gain from any of this. Just don't think it's always warranted or fair sometimes when there are negative things that people could say about just about all companies. To me, there's a difference between pointing out and issue, and needling and harping on them for years. Just my two cents. But it doesn't mean anything, and I hope you don't feel personal attacked, although I did sort of poke fun at you directly. Don't read too much into it, honestly they are all solid actions today. The great thing about it is people have the options that they do to fit their preference, so no one should be stuck with anything they don't like for one reason or another. I hope they all continue to be successful so we have as many options available as possible.

It's all good man and I didn't mean to direct some of that at you. I just happen to know how many bolt stop issues have been warranties this whole year for Curtis from a friend and so I know these tales simply aren't true unless people are breaking bolt stops and just not fixing it. If they are comp guns and supposed routine shooters there's no way they are doing that so this whole story just doesn't add up with facts, again that's not you.

We are good and it is great that we have options and really all of the actions these days are super nice.

Understood. I think maybe I will try a Vector of my own at some point just for the hell of it. If I run across a good deal on one I'll try it out. Especially since bbls are interchangeable with my Zeus actions. If I don't end up liking it I'll sell it off to you lol

Understood. I think maybe I will try a Vector of my own at some point just for the hell of it. If I run across a good deal on one I'll try it out. Especially since bbls are interchangeable with my Zeus actions. If I don't end up liking it I'll sell it off to you lol

Yeah but I'm a lefty shooter so I could only get barrels off you. But, yes I run 3 barrels on all 3 actions and its great. ( Zeus and Valors)

Yeah, I have a scout and an axiom. I have had no issues with either and both are on second or third barrels. The scout and Axiom are essentially identical. I was told the barrel tenon on the scout is improved. I beat the living hell out of my Axiom on a ranch in Texas. The scout is on a comp rig chambered in 6ARC. People keep tellling me that Curtis is garbage, but I haven’t seen it from mine or anyone else’s I know. Very satisfied customer.