• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis axiom proof 556 carbon feed issues

DrSteam26

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2020
Hello,

Was shooting a new Curtis axiom action chambered in 556. It’s in a masterpiece arms chassis and has a AI 223 mag. I can only individually load the rifle right now and it shoots well accuracy wise but every time I cycle the bolt with the mag In it the round pops out of the magazine and then it fails to feed into the chamber. Any recomendations to solve this issue? Thank you!

Accurate supposedly makes great .223 mags.

FYI: I don't shoot .223 from a bolt, so I'll let others chime in and confirm.

Also keep in mind that most mags require tweaking to optimize feeding. Though your troubles sound like they could be beyond that.

I have only tried accuracy international so far I guess I can order MDT, magpul etc and go from there.

What

what magazine do you recommend ?
I have only tried accuracy international so far I guess I can order MDT, magpul etc and go from there.
The old plastic aics mags are notorious for splitting and wearing out rapidly and letting go like you describe.
I use an accurate mag, it’s a 308 aics with a liner inside of it to close down to 223 sized stuff.
Can’t speak to if the Curtis will have issues with it but I assume if they sent you an aics to start with it will be fine.

This sounds similar to the accuracy international mag I have it’s an all metal exterior w the plastic insert. It seems like the spring is maybe too powerful ?

MDT mag along with adjusting the mag release and where it sits in the chassis eliminated the feeding issues