• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Axiom VS Scout

DENRIK89

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2023
Utah
Does anyone have any experience with these and know the difference between the axiom and the scout? The descriptions are basically the same and the scout shares barrel compatibility with the axiom so are the bolts interchangeable as well? Thanks for any insight

Reactions: MK7
I have both. My Axiom is an AO serial number, which is the newer one. My Scout is a double digit serial number, so one of the first ones sold. The tennons are the same, as I have a Proof prefit for a Terminus Apollo that fits both and headspaces the exact same. The noticeable differences that I have seen are in the rail, finish and the ejection port. The ejection port on the Scout is the same as the Valor, just as stated on their website. The finish on the Scout is also a "raw" finish, as it is less machined than my Axiom. I compare it to a bead blasted look verses the polished look of the Axiom. The rail is an anodized aluminum rail verses a steel rail. My bolt for the Scout is where I question if I got the better end of the deal. I believe that they sent me an Axiom bolt, as the back of it has the standard angular fire control group like the Axiom bolt, not the rounded one like shown in pictures on their website. That would lead me to believe that the bolts are the same. I have not attempted to use the Scout bolt in my Axiom or the other way around yet. Hope this clears up any questions you have.

I emailed asking the difference in feel between the Scout and Axiom as I have had an Axiom and so far to date , it is my favorite. I was told that I wouldn’t notice a difference between them as they are almost the same action. Take that for what it is.

I emailed asking the difference in feel between the Scout and Axiom as I have had an Axiom and so far to date , it is my favorite. I was told that I wouldn’t notice a difference between them as they are almost the same action. Take that for what it is.
I honestly can’t feel a difference between the two. Well, other than the fact that my Axiom has about 4,000 rounds through it, and my Scout only has 250. Obviously the old worn out action is a little smoother, but that’s only because it’s worn in. I think that once I get a few hundred more rounds through the Scout, it’ll be just as smooth.

Awesome that’s good to hear! I love my axiom and was thinking about building another one until I saw the scout. Some people talk trash on Curtis but after about 2k rounds on an axiom in shooting prs I don’t think I can ever go back to a 90deg bolt

Awesome that’s good to hear! I love my axiom and was thinking about building another one until I saw the scout. Some people talk trash on Curtis but after about 2k rounds on an axiom in shooting prs I don’t think I can ever go back to a 90deg bolt
It has nothing to do with a 60 degree

See: terminus

It has nothing to do with a 60 degree

See: terminus
I didn’t think it did. I’ve ran a half dozen different actions and I’m saying I dig the Curtis and was looking for additional info, which the gentlemen above helped me with

Reactions: b6graham
The descriptions are basically the same and the scout shares barrel compatibility with the axiom so are the bolts interchangeable as well .