• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Custom Vector thread

ricksmunn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Hoping to get a thread started for discussing all things Vector. Couldn’t find a specific Vector thread anywhere, but if there is one let me know.

Has anyone had issues with their Vectors yet? I’ve only had mine for a short time, but I’ve already had a few problems. I have a 308 bolt and a 223 bolt. Recently the 223 bolt quit extracting the fired brass and I had to manually pull out the brass after every shot. I inspected the bolt and noticed that the extractor claw had some free play to it. If I shook the bolt in my had I could hear the extractor flopping around. I pulled the extractor off and checked for any issues, but didn’t find any major issues, other than the spring looked a little weird. I’ll attach a picture of the spring. I assumed this was the cause of he problem, so I got a replacement extractor from Curtis Custom. While waiting for the replacement parts I switched back to my 308 bolt. After a while my 308 bolt developed the same problem. So I now had 2 faulty bolts right before a regional match and had to switch back to my trusty RPR which ran without any issues. Once I received the new extractor I compared it to the old one and it seemed to have a longer and better spring. I also noticed that old extractor’s jaw appeared to bent open ever so slightly. After installing the new extractor, the 223 bolt ran great for 25 rounds before going to another regional match. I shot the first two stages of the match without issues, but that had extraction issues on all 8 of the remaining stages. On the last stage I had to manually extract almost all of the shots. After the match I checked the bolt for free play, but it didn’t seem to have any this time and the jaw didn’t appear to be bent outward, but that’s pretty hard to discern on such a small piece. So now I’m back to having 2 faulty bolts.

Sorry if this is a long post, but has anyone else had extractIon issues with their vectors? I’m wondering if their extractors are made from a weaker material than other brands or if their is some other issue. I think I might have to switch to an action that is more reliable if this continues to be an issue.

O issues, same bolt as axiom haven't heard of them ever having extraction issues.

The origin on the other hand I've seen plenty @b6graham