• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Helix 338 Lapua Build

Isacpotatoes

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2020
Hi guys,

I’ve been obsessing over Savage’s 110 & 112 Target Magnum’s chambered in .338 Lapua since Nutnfancy did a review back close to 7-8 yrs ago. They seem accurate and affordable for caliber (I own a 10 FCP-SR model).

With that said, I recently saw a podcast with Kevin I believe it was from Curtis Custom. I was curious afterwards and read up on action selection.

Anyone have experience with Curtis actions? I’d like to do a 338 AI (Ackley Improved) build with a 30”-32” barrel. I believe Curtis actions fit Remington footprints Stocks/Chassis, with some minor variance?

For bullet selection I’d probably be looking @ 300 grain Berger’s or 285 Hornady. I’m not aware of a ton of bullets outside of those manufacturers for long range shooting that is.

It probably sounds unorthodox, it I was thinking about a GRS Warg stock for the build. Mounting an above-bore bipod like a Phoenix. Seems pretty stable. Any thoughts are welcome.

Did you ever finish this? I’m building a similar setup with a McGowan barrel and MPA chassis. 338 Lapua