• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis vector action yay or nay

patscrazy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Cape Cod
Should I buy a Curtis vector action? Most of all the posts are a couple years old. Looking for knowledgeable opinions either way. Thanks

Love my 2 Valor actions. I actually prefer running them over my others. I know some love to hate on em but my experience with the company as well as running the actions has been great, and I have a buddy who also loves his Valor and he has several other actions as well but prefers the valor

Vectors use AW mags so I tried one in my Magpul 700 pro which I planned to use for my build and they are a pain in the ass to get in and out. Sit super high too. Don’t think this combo of parts would work out if I had to use AW mags

Last edited:
Vectors use AW mags so I tried one in my Magpul 700 pro which I planned to use for my build and they are a pain in the ass to get in and out. Sit super high too. Don’t think this combo of parts would work out if I had to use AW mags
I'm not sure about the vector but on the Valor you are supposed to set the mag height with this piece and it's made to do that. I had the same question but I called Rick at gcp and he told me how to set the mag catch depth for chassis and once I did it was awesome. It's one of the features I love about the Valor. I would think that was your issue.

I have a Vector action. Have had multiple conversations with CS and never any issues. They even sent me free pack of replacnent screws for my hand torque barrels. Running .308 and 6.5X47. Never any problems. Action has 3500 rounds. Considering ordering the 22LR conversion. Just trying to justify to myself. Some have different stories but that is my experience. A++++

Why not look at a Zermatt? Lots of TL3 and Origin lovers on the hide

I would suggest a Defiance Deviant or Tenacity but I guess lead times are pretty long right now

Yeah I have a new Zermatt Origin action just waiting for my barrel in 223 to be ready. Just saw a deal for the Curtis barreled action so I was interested. Wanted to hear from people with more experience and get their thoughts on them. I’m just getting antsy and see new shiny stuff popping up and you know, the grass starts looking greener

Last edited:
I would suggest a Defiance Deviant or Tenacity but I guess lead times are pretty long right now
A little untenable vs. competition at their current pricing though between the off-the-rack actions I’ve played with, the Defiance have been nicest feeling throughout the bolt cycle.

Appreciate all the views. Curtis definitely still not in a good light overall, even tho people are happy with their Valors. And some have said their CS is better…

I’m not hell bent on 60 bolt throw. I like jumping on what I consider good value for quality stuff I could use. A lightly used Curtis vector barreled action with a bartlein barrel in 6CM for $950 seems like solid value.

But if there’s a chance the action is flawed and then an even better chance the CS will be non existent if there’s an issue , it definitely detracts from the value.

Appreciate all the views. Curtis definitely not still not in a good light overall, even tho people are happy with their Valors. And some have said their CS is better…

I’m not hell bent on 60 bolt throw. I like jumping on what I consider good value for quality stuff I could use. A lightly used Curtis vector barreled action with a bartlein barrel in 6CM for $950 seems like solid value.

It is! There's a bunch of stuff repeated on here.

Reactions: Jerry V
Bruh. There's a whole thread dedicated to Defiance right now. Tenacity went from under 1k to now like $1500. Like other mentioned, LP, Terminus, and I'd throw BAT in the mix if you have big pockets.

Appreciate all the views. Curtis definitely still not in a good light overall, even tho people are happy with their Valors. And some have said their CS is better…

But if there’s a chance the action is flawed and then an even better chance the CS will be non existent if there’s an issue , it definitely detracts from the value.
I’ve run a Vector since the beginning. SN #23. Over 10k rounds multiple barrels in 6BR (x2), 6.5CM, 6.5x47, 25CM, 6.5PRC, 6.5 SAUM, BRA and now Dasher. Never had a problem with mine. I run AW mags only, and the new KRG C4 chassis makes setting up feeding so easy it’s painless. Having said that, I attribute mine being so good to the fact that Joel was still there. I normally recommend a Zeus now if you want something similar, however for $950 I’d jump on it all day. That’s nuts. Even if they barrel is about half through its life. You can pickup a proof prefit for $500 when that one is done.

It definitely feels like a solid deal. That I’ll probably jump on just cause. My concern was finding a chassis that would allow the use of the AW mags. And then make it all work with the mag catch in terms of the ability to change height adjustment/fitment. Good to know your KRG works.

Why are they selling for such a good deal? Aka- Does it have a fully machined bolt? Do all three lugs actually touch?

It definitely feels like a solid deal. That I’ll probably jump on just cause. My concern was finding a chassis that would allow the use of the AW mags. And then make it all work with the mag catch in terms of the ability to change height adjustment/fitment. Good to know your KRG works.
To be fair I’ve used my vector in almost every chassis/stock combo on the market. It’s the main action I use for all my YouTube reviews. I’ve used manners, foundations, krg C4, W3, mpa matrix and matrix pro, mdt acc, Falkor ROC, kmw sentinel, Jae, and probably some I’m forgetting. Some took more work than others to get the AWs right. The C4 has been the easiest.

Reactions: patscrazy
Well AW mags in my Magpul 700 seem like they would be a rough go. Just fitting it in was TIGHT. Definitely would need some kind of mods. It doesn’t have mag catch adjustability that I know of either.

Well AW mags in my Magpul 700 seem like they would be a rough go. Just fitting it in was TIGHT. Definitely would need some kind of mods. It doesn’t have mag catch adjustability that I know of either.
That’s one of the few that I didn’t try. So not sure on the fitment in a magpul chassis.

Terminus Zeus all day!!!!! Call and ordered over the phone and had my Zeus in hand in 6 weeks. 6 weeks is fast for a guy that is practically running his shop solo.

I have three Vectors and an Axiom. One of my old gym buddies owns a gun shop here locally and he used to carry Proof Research builds that had Curtis actions on them. I purchased two of them from guys on here, knowing they had a lot of rounds fired through them.

These actions have given me zero issues. I've never had an issue with barrel threading, firing pins, bolts, or anything else. I run these in a McM A-6, a Cadex Field Chassis, a Foundation, and an MPA chassis usually with AICS mags and have zero issues with feeding. I have other actions and I prefer the Curtis actions over all the others when it comes to bolt throw and not smashing my fingers on my scope (but that's a 60 degree bolt throw preference).

I've spoken to Chase Curtis on the phone & through email and there seems to be a new surge at the CS level. The fact that he's come out with a few new products lately indicates he's trying to get back on track.

I would not hesitate to buy another.....and for $950 for a BA...if you're gonna pass please send me the link. I'll scoop that up right away.

Reactions: Jerry V
Save your pennies and get a ATX, your grandchildren children may mihjy wear it out by then, or get a Impact with one of wades prefits