• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Vector

BANG...ping

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2017
Hi all,
I am thinking of getting a Curtis Vector (short action, 6.5). I have no experience with a switch barrel / set screw design. Has anyone ever had a barrel come loose or experience a POA shift with this design? I know that many top shooters use this action and that tells me something. But I cannot help think that two small set screws on a smooth surface coupled with thermal barrel expansion and contraction is enough to mitigate movement. What is your experience with this design? Am I just overthinking this?

Thanks,
Bang

I got the same action but in the Terminus Zeus flavor...its on order.

There's a member here who's got one and seems like he has good exp with it.

@Covertnoob5

I have over 200 rounds on my Vector using the 15” pound set screw. It hasn’t come lose once and the barrel has been hot to touch.

My order was in and paid for before Terminus was announced. If I had a choice at the time... Terminus.

Identical action to the vector in terms of features, with upgrades in reliability/function.