• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custer needed one of these.

SCOTTx88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2006
Fredericksburg,Va. EX-NYER
2012-03-10_13-14-35_86.jpg

Re: Custer needed one of these.

It's mossburg's tactical 30-30 leveraction. I thought it looked stupid in advertisements but it looks even worse with all those attachments.

Its not the mossberg, the mossberg has an AR style adjustable stock and the lever is different, the one in the picture is actually someones heavily modified marlin lever action, looks horrible...

That poor poor rifle. I feel sorry for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottx88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Why would anyone wrap the lever in para-cord? You want that part to be smooth, at least I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You want that part to be smooth, at least I do. </div></div>

That's what she said...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottx88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

For those tactical situations when nothing but a .30-30 will get the job done, like when the zombie whitetail invasion starts.

i think it would make an interesting scout rifle. levers have always been pretty reliable, quick second shot, accurate, and hold enough ammo to get the job done. dont get me wrong this thing looks terrible but its functionality is good in my opinion.
smile.gif

Somehow I think that he would have found more comfort in time travel and a heavy weapons company.

Custer had lever action rifles I thought, the 30-54 craig? (Is that right?)

What he needed was a swift ass kicking for being so stupid!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somehow I think that he would have found more comfort in time travel and a heavy weapons company. </div></div>

Time travel: The ultimate weapon!

Arc,

From the link-

http://www.historynet.com/battle-of-little-bighorn-were-the-weapons-the-deciding-factor.htm

Terry1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During the battle, the 7th Cavalry troopers were armed with the Springfield carbine Model 1873 and the Colt Single Action Army revolver Model 1873. Selection of the weapons was the result of much trial and error, plus official testing during 1871­73. The Ordnance Department staged field trials of 89 rifles and carbines, which included entries from Peabody, Spencer, Freeman, Elliot and Mauser. There were four primary contenders: the Ward-Burton bolt-action rifle; the Remington rolling-block; the 'trapdoor' Springfield; and the Sharps, with its vertically sliding breechblock.

Although repeating rifles such as the Spencer, Winchester and Henry had been available, particularly in the post-Civil War years, the Ordnance Department decided to use a single-shot system. It was selected instead of a repeating system because of manufacturing economy, ruggedness, reliability, efficient use of ammunition and similarity to European weapons systems. Ironically, the board of officers involved in the final selection included Major Marcus A. Reno, who would survive the 7th Cavalry's 1876 debacle on the Little Bighorn.</div></div>