• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom 10/22 bbl

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
I have hankerin to put a quality 10/22 together. I want a SS/Fluted hand lapped bbl the same contour as factory sporter bbl. I do not want .920” bbl. Any idea where I can find this kind bbl?? Thanks

I've out of the game a while and just getting the bug again, can't speak to modern iterations, there's some pretty amazing offerings. But I do know a simple factory barrel has great potential. My most accurate 10/22 was one sold by Wal-Mart back mid 90s. Stainless with laminated mannlicher stock. So in wanting to preserve the use of that stock I sent the trigger group and barrel to > http://www.ct-precision.com/
They set the chamber back and re-crowned it, I then sent it to be cryogenicly tempered. It regularly out shot "custom" bull barrels, and even the Ruger hammer forged on my target tactical. Damn I sure do miss both of those!