• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    I had the fortunate opportunity to have a new build done. I had close friend agreed to build this for me and my newborn son (I'll let him reply if he chooses to take credit, as he is somewhat retired and I'm humbled he agreed to build it for us).

A brief history about this rifle. It started life as an AAC-SD and belong to my Uncle Ricky "Fuzzy" Auten. He recently lost his life to ALS and this gun was passed down to me. We had discussed for months about what we would do to it when it was his. We always met and talked about guns and training. He never got to shoot it as his disease had already taken its toll but he loved guns and shooting, he always wanted a precision bolt gun and he got one before he passed.

I grew up without a father and have never had any firearms passed down to me so I decided to build this for 2 reasons. To honor my uncle and it's something I can pass down to my son once he's of age. It will be a firearm that hopefully stays in the family for generations. Here it is, I named her "Fuzzy" in honor of my uncle.

- Trued Rem. 700 AAC-SD Action
    - PTG 1 Peice Bolt .702 Bolt Body (Fluted by Boltfluter)
    - Mini M16 Extractor
    - PTG Lawton Style Bolt Shroud
    - 23" Rock Creek Barrel in .308 Bisley
    - Badger Thruster Brake (Blended)
    - Badger DBM
    - Badger 20 MOA Rail
    - Badger .312 Recoil Lug
    - Timney 517 Flat Shoe @ 2.5lbs
    - McMilan A5 60% Black 40% Green
    - All Metal Cerakoted with a custom mix. 2/3 Mil Spec OD and 1 part Graphite Black. I call it Swamp Green. Sometimes it looks black, sometimes it looks dark green.

new308_1.JPG

new308_2.JPG

new308_3.JPG

new308_4.JPG

new308_5.JPG

new308_6.JPG

Last edited:
    Cool rifle and story. Just courious where do your 175 smks hit the lands w that Bisley chamber?

Cool rifle and story. Just courious where do your 175 smks hit the lands w that Bisley chamber?

I haven't loaded anything for it yet as it just arrived a few days ago. I have lots of 185 Juggers, lot's of Varget, and lot's of primers. My goal is to get the 185's running low/mid 2700's.

My partner just switched from Varget to Pro Power 2000 and he is in the 2780 range and brutal accuracy

I case I haven't told you….I love that stock!

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle but the rifle couldn't have been passed to a better and more deserving person!

I know you sweated every tiny detail on this rifle and it shows. Congrats!

Again, I love that stock. Save some ammo for me!

Thanks for all the compliments, its not the most hi-speed full custom action build but it means a lot and to honest, the bolt cycling and fit is top notch with that PTG bolt. Once this thing starts to break in with some bolt throws and a little TW25 on the raceways, it'll be slick as my Melonited gun I bet :)

Pusher591,

Great story. I also have a brother with ALS. Fortunately he is still with me for the time being. I feel ya bro!