• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom 338LM

Beale338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2009
B.C. Canada
Just picked up my new build and thought I would share it with you. Had been in the making for the past six months and was worth the wait.

KMW Sentinel stock
PGW Timberwolf action
28" Krieger barrel
Remington jewell trigger
Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x50
Barrett BORS

PS: Sorry about the pics I am no Photographer

jasper129.jpg

jasper128.jpg

jasper127.jpg

Re: Custom 338LM

The only thing I do not understand about the BORS system is...They say it takes the math out of things, but yet you still have to find the range and then dial it untill it says XXXyrds on the screen?

Can someone explain?

Thanks
GG

The BORS is just a ballistic program that makes up for barometric pressure, temperature and angle that you are shooting at.
You still have to range the object that you are shooting at and then just dial your elevation turret untill it reads the distance you are aiming for. It does all the work for you but the windage. I have not had a chance to try it out yet, to see how well it works but I will post my results when I do.

Beautiful rig!! I am hoping to get my hands on a .338LM (Check out WTB Threat) and go totally custom. That Sir is a WORK OF ART. Be sure to tell us how she shoots and how the BORS works out!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beale338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked up my new build and thought I would share it with you. Had been in the making for the past six months and was worth the wait.

KMW Sentinel stock
PGW Timberwolf action
28" Krieger barrel
Remington jewell trigger
Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x50
Barrett BORS

PS: Sorry about the pics I am no Photographer

jasper129.jpg

jasper128.jpg

jasper127.jpg
</div></div>

Thats nice....let us know how it shoots! Really curious about the BORS system..I have a friend that swears by it but I've not personally seen it operate. Great concept.

Papagrizzly

I mounted the BORS myself, it comes with a replacement turret that does sit a little hire than the stock turret

ahhhhhh man you had this all day and nothing out the tube yet?????? hurry it looks great want to know how it shoots.....

Finally got out to shoot today and what a tack driver!
It definitely can shoot better than I can, but that will just take time and practice. Haven't really got to test the BORS out yet for the rang I was at is only 200 yards, still a fun day though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yea, I want to know what that thing is all about. Nice gun, but exactly what does that thing on the scope do? </div></div>
Nice rifle,good luck with it.
I was hesitant about buying the BORS unit,but am Happy as a pig in crap with it now.Is it worth $1,200+ ? Depends on your budget and if your the gadget type.You have to program the load info(cartridge,BC,weight,velocity),if it's not in the preloaded Data base.Sight it in @ 100 yds and zero the system.After that,it's range,dial,shoot.No click counting.I have mine on my Tac-50 and tested it out to 1,000 at Quantico in april.I only shot it out to 400yds beforehand,so I just dialed it to 1K and let it rip.1'st cold bore shot was in the 9 ring at six o'clock.Two clicks up and it was in the 10x.
Keep spare batteries around and have fun.
Steve

Good to hear the BORS works for what it is intended for.
I did chrony the rounds I will be shooting, programed the BORS and zeroed it. Just haven't had the chance to test it at longer rang yet.
Thanks for the input.

I shit my pants hardcore when i saw these pics!!!

I think, no shit, this is the nicest looking rifle i have seen in a long time

Thats unbelievable !!

Dude il swap you my girlfriend for that!!! I dont care if you already have one, you can have another !

vman

That's not a verry fair trade, that's all i need is another woman to try and tell me what to do!
Thanks anyways.

Ive got that same action. Would like to know what bottom metal you are running?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got that same action. Would like to know what bottom metal you are running? </div></div>

Its has Surgeon BM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrSwede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I came. Really. </div></div>

LMFAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got that same action. Would like to know what bottom metal you are running? </div></div>

That is Terry Cross' proprietary bottom metal made for his stock.

Normally you would be correct. I only want to release these stocks as a "system" with their dedicated DBM system.

But. . . I did send some of these to Canada for a few customers wanted to build on the big PGW. The stocks were inletted for the PGW block and the proprietary PGW bottom metal.

The PGW action has unique geometry and guard screw spacing that will only work with their bottoms. Unfortunately their bottoms, like most conventional ones, do not blend and conform with the bottom of this stock like the dedicated KMW ones.

In this case, the builders new this and wanted the stocks anyway. Maybe one day in the future, I can CAD a DBM for the PGW (whew! that's a lot of 3 letter words)that will mimic our own.

Anyway, I suck at decoding photos but my money is on a PGW bottom and magazine.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not think that is correct.
How did you come to that conclusion?
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got that same action. Would like to know what bottom metal you are running? </div></div>

That is Terry Cross' proprietary bottom metal made for his stock.</div></div>

Sorry, quick look at it thought it was Surgeon.

Terry is correct, this does have the PGW bottom metal.
Thank you Terry for building such a kick ass stock!