• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom 375 CheyTac

Paul38

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
Oregon Coast
Hi folks, I,m new around here so I'll try to walk softly and post in the right places.
Looking for good reliable gun builder to have a 375 CT built, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: custom 375 CheyTac

Give Jon Beanland a call. He builds extremely accurate rifles and has great attention to detail. 580-471-3380

Thanks for the info, here's a pic of a 338 LM, I am looking for something similar.

DSCN00230002.jpg

Viersco.com (Black Diamond Rifles) He has a vast amount of experience with the .375 Cheyt.
LongRifles Inc. Chad Dixon. I'm going to have him build mine next year...I just got 2 back from him that look outstanding...

+1 on Chad Dixon, just got mine back from him and it turned out better then I could have imagined

Derrick

If we're recommending smiths, call Mark Gordon at SAC and see if he could put one together for ya. He's the only smith I can recommend at this point.

Hi guys, well I did get my money back from LongShot but it's only because of the credit card companies. But needless to say I'm kinda of gun shy of gun smiths not sure who to trust or not. But I did find this from CheyTac, was wondering if anyone had a opinion on this rifle. They are kind of spendy but look kinda cool.

375LTWhidden.jpg

It won't do you any good to be gun shy of top name reputable smiths. Any of the Smiths that have been mentioned already in this thread are more than amazing. I hate to reccomend Jon Beanland to out of towners because he has already established such a good reputation that it's now taking us local Oklahoma boys alot longer to get a rifle built. Regardless, he's top notch and anything he touches comes out looking like a work of art.

If you see a smith reccomended on this site over and over you can bet your ass he's good, otherwise his name wouldn't last long on here. Don't overlook RWS either. He's a fine smith and builds some very nice rifles. I have a 7WSM from him that I'm quite happy with.

As for the rifle in the pic.....what's to say about it? That's a very nice column it sitting on. You going to carry that with you for a shooting rest? If so, I'd reccomend some krylon.

Didn't mean to say anything bad about anyone, in fact I'm looking for responses like yours. But you have to understand this isn't my first goat rope and I have been here once or twice before. And they were both said to be the very best,I'm sure the economy might have something to do with it. And as for the rifle it's from CheyTac as I said, don't know about the column. But if someone has either had or see the rifle or column maybe they will chime in.
Thanks for your reply,hope I haven't offended you.
Does Jon Beanland have a web site?

You haven't offended me. I was just telling you that you can't lose faith in all gunsmiths over a bad deal (or two). I can tell you that you'd be more than happy with any rifle Jon built. You can search far and wide and you won't find not one negative comment about him or his work. He's built one rifle for me recently and I own another rifle that he built that I bought from someone else.

No, Jon does not have a website and probably never will as he's up to his ass in rifles waiting to be built currently without one. He does have a phone though and I've never called him when he didn't answer and was always willing to help. Whether you have him build you a rifle or not, you'd be well off to atleast give him a call and visit with him. I think you'd find his personality, knowledge, and view on things very inviting.

His number is 580-471-3380

I've spoken to Jon about about having him finish up the build that I still have on going. He's a real nice guy and I wish I'd gone with him.

I've sent you a pm as well. Live and learn.