• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom 40x build Cutting and threading

Fishman7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2008
FT. Lauderdale Florida USA
well my MCM A=5 should be here late this week so im wanting to get the action set in its new home
the Badger ord bottom metal is here waiting aswell as a 20 moa rail
any recomendations on who to have bed it ?

anybody know a good smith that can cut and thread her ?
ive heard the BBl needs to be slugged ??? what is that ?
eek.gif

then from others i hear just cut it im a bit at a loss here i would like to chop it down to 18-20" and thread it for my suppressor

lastley who can i send the bolt to for a knob job ??? lol

finished product im heading for is a mini me of my GAP crusader

any input would be great

thanks in advance

Re: Custom 40x build Cutting and threading

my first choice would be monteboy84, he's done work for me and im thoroughly satisfied(although im not sure if he does barrel work, shouldn't hurt to ask, he does do bolt knobs though)

Hey Fishman7, Thanks for the kind words. If you contact Turtlesniper here on the hide he just had one of my old guns cut and threaded. He lives down on the coast here in SC and used a local smith. I do know a smith in GA that can do it but you may have a long wait as the guy is slow like a snail backing up. Turtle has a threed under meetings for SC and NC get together. Good guy just ot talk to. Donald

Gap must be Slammed or so it seams
i had e-mailed George 2x's to get any response and he refered me to Kerry
G never even answered the inquiry in regards to a 40X .22 build it may not be his cup of tea i assume no biggie it may be too small for them
called spoke w/ kerry and didnt really get a straight answer and never even got around to asking him about a .22 build

my stock should be here end of this week and id really like to get this build underway so it leaves me searching for good .22 smiths that dont have a 6 mo lead time and can perform my requests

1. cut and thread the bbl slugged or not ????????
2. inspect and possibly adjust the 40x action if needed
3 bolt handle install re angle if needed
4. tune and adjust trigger
3. possibly fill the sight mounting holes in the bbl
4. bed the action into the mcm stock inlet it for badger BDM
i may do the following unless reasonably prices package deal
5 install and ? bed? the 20 moa rail to the action
6.re- finish bbl action cerakote

There is a 22 smith here in Texas that is dam good with the 40x. His name is Danny Kenny. I dont have his number but if you call Shilien Barrels in Enis Tx the have his number thats how i got it. He can true your action and install your barrel and probly have it done in under 2 weeks. That is if you have the barrel.