• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom action fitment in a rem 700 stock

2Twenty3

USAF
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2023
Georgia
So i'm looking at picking up a Manners stock with a mini chassis posted in the PX that is inlet for a Rem 700 short action. Now I obviously know that any rem 700 footprint action will fit in there and bolt up fine.. but does anyone here know what actions (if any) with an ejection port that lines up closest to a factory Remington short action? My OCD just can't stand to have an action mated to a stock it's not really meant for.. and i'm just not a huge factory rem action fan.

Usually custom actions have a slightly larger ejection port than the factory Remington's. My best guess is that something like a Bergara action would probably be the exact same, but I could definitely be wrong. I also know that I could "open up" the port inlet on the stock myself, but I just worry about making it look like shit. Any input here would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I opened mine up to fit. TL3 left bolt right eject. Manners with the mini chasis. I think it came out good considering it’s a left handed stock that had no cutout for the port at all.
IMG_9965.jpeg

Reactions: 2Twenty3
With the bolt removed I scribed the inside of the stock with a dental pick. Then removed the action and grabbed my small files and went to work. Carbon fiber is very easy to remove so don’t get carried away.

Reactions: 2Twenty3
Here's my TL3 in a Manners made for a 700. You can see the rear ejection port has a little hang over but does nothing for function so I just left it like that. Hurts nothing.

IMG_1061.jpg

Manners 700sa with an Aero Solus. As stated above, doesn’t impact function but material is easily removed with a file. Cover it up with some black paint and it looks normal again.
07F4DDA9-532C-4882-8A21-6A0640BAF17A.jpeg

And a dremel cutting blade to take out the larger part and then a small sanding wheel makes the job a fast one.