• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom action thread size question

808caliber

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Hows it everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the receiver thread pitch / size. Im about to pull the trigger on a terminus Kratos Lite but noticed they offer the 1.0625 x 16 tpi and also the 1.100 x 16 tpi options for the receiver threads.

Is there any benefit to going to the bigger thread? Is there any downsides if i go this route (will i have any issues with certain barrel blanks, etc).

Mahalo for your time.

It will be for a 300prc if that helps.

The bigger is the same as the Remington 700 so whatever benefit there is with that. That’s the only thing I can figure.

The bigger is the same as the Remington 700 so whatever benefit there is with that. That’s the only thing I can figure.
I believe you are incorrect.
1.06x16TPI is Remington 700 standard I believe and would be useful if remage barrels are being considered.
Personally if you gonna be getting a nice cut rifled blank done I’d probably go with the 1.1x 16

I believe you are incorrect.
1.06x16TPI is Remington 700 standard I believe and would be useful if remage barrels are being considered.
Personally if you gonna be getting a nice cut rifled blank done I’d probably go with the 1.1x 16

Thanks for the insight! Guess ill be leaning toward 1.1 × 16.