• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom actions with side chick?

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
Does anyone know if there is a custom action that accepts prefits or someone makes prefits for that also fits in the side chick chassis? Basically a custom that take standard remington 700 one piece scope bases? So far I got nothing. LP razor?

So basically you are looking for a custom action that doesn't have a one piece scope base, correct?

So basically you are looking for a custom action that doesn't have a one piece scope base, correct?
Yes exactly. But all the custom action manufacturers sell their own scope bases so I'm not sure if remington 700 bases fit them. And it could be pretty frustrating to gather components and it not fit.

Reading the website, it doesn't look like you have to use the top rail that comes with the chassis.

What's the driver behind you using the top rail of the chassis?

I have heard from several users the forend isn't rigid without using the top rail.

Sounds like there's a lot of concessions being made just to use this chassis'.

Q also doesn't have the greatest QA/QC or customer service.

Do you have to use this chassis?

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Sounds like there's a lot of concessions being made just to use this chassis'.

Q also doesn't have the greatest QA/QC or customer service.

Do you have to use this chassis?
And all to be more than twice as heavy as a XLR magnesium or HNT26

Reactions: kthomas
I wish my HNT-26 had a cool name like side chick. Other than that, I guess I'll stick with the HNT-26. Sorry I couldn't add anything positive to the thread.....

I like the chassis. I just want to know what works with it.

MDT has no forend length and the XLR cant run a clip on. So there is also that.

I think Shilen and Stiller actions may use a Remington scope base.

A Bergara Premier action might be another option.

I like the chassis. I just want to know what works with it.

MDT has no forend length and the XLR cant run a clip on. So there is also that.
The XLR can run a clip on. Just shittily.

So for future reference and anyone else that searches this same question. Defiance got back to me and they said they could set me up with an action that fits the side chick chassis both in and the top rail. You have to contact them for info. So defiance for the win here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty D
I've got a Side Chick, and while others certainly have their opinion on Q Products / Company etc.. I absolutely love mine, and have had zero issues. It's got a Bergara Premier HMR .223 in it, and it's fantastic.

You'll definitely want to use the top rail, as it's part of what rigidly mounts the fore-end to the chassis. So long as your custom action is compatible with the standard Rem 700 front / rear mount, you should be good to go with it functioning in the chassis.

Reactions: RickyRodney
I had a pair of custom top rails made to interface with the Q hand guard and the Zermatt TL3 action. Essentailly reverse engineered the rail to have the Zermatt TL3 hole spacing and recoil pins....and still mate up to the screw holes on the SideChick hand guard. Basically doubles your usability options.

You can run a 700/Bergara as is...or a TL3 with any prefit barrel you want. I used it on my RimX for a few winter matches, had a Carbon6 18" 6.5 PRC barrel in it. had a 6 Creed prefit in it...etc etc.

Attachments

• 20221122_215137.jpg
    20221122_215137.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20201218_204011466.jpg
    IMG_20201218_204011466.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 49
Those look really nicely done! Did you machine them yourself, or have them done? While it would be 90% useless, I'd love to see a full length top rail for the SideChick.

Reactions: RickyRodney
Those look really nicely done! Did you machine them yourself, or have them done? While it would be 90% useless, I'd love to see a full length top rail for the SideChick.
Had a buddy make them. Full top rail wouldn't be bad, I thought about doing a night rig with thermal but don't think I'm gonna keep it long term

Reactions: B'N'F