• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom barrel contour for 6mm ARC

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
In the process of building a mk12 mod 0 in 6mm are. A friend of mine had a good idea to get a .936 blank and have it be a straight contour and turn it down after the midway point or so to contour for the .750 gas block and the allen engineering brake and collar. So Heavy bull in the back, SPR in the front. Will CLE or Craddock accomodate custom contour ideas for their barrels? Would I likely have to go through the phone or email rather than straight through the site?

Oh for anyone considering a 6mm mk12, Allen Engineering said they can make AEM5 cans up to 6.5 that will fit the brake and collar just fine

In the process of building a mk12 mod 0 in 6mm are. A friend of mine had a good idea to get a .936 blank and have it be a straight contour and turn it down after the midway point or so to contour for the .750 gas block and the allen engineering brake and collar. So Heavy bull in the back, SPR in the front. Will CLE or Craddock accomodate custom contour ideas for their barrels? Would I likely have to go through the phone or email rather than straight through the site?

Oh for anyone considering a 6mm mk12, Allen Engineering said they can make AEM5 cans up to 6.5 that will fit the brake and collar just fine

CLE will absolutely do the custom Contour for you. Call and ask to speak will Paul.

Craddock used to do special orders but not anymore unless you're good with waiting 6-9 months. CLE will accommodate your request in less than a month.

Reactions: 338dude
Perfect, thank you! I know at the top end, both use Bartlein and I'm obviously a fan of those. Not going to notice any difference between CLE's 1:7 and Craddock's 1:7.25 twist anyway

This one is going to take a while, already working up a bolt build as is, but this is something i'm looking forward to!

Grey Ghost Precision billet upper/lower receiver set
Vltor A5 buffer system with sprinco green spring and A5H2 or H3 buffer
PRS lite stock
geissele ultra duty lower parts kit
ergo verticle pistol grip
triggertech diamond AR
JP low mass BCG for 6.5 grendel
Radian Raptor SD charging handle
the barrel i mentioned in rifle length gas
PRI Gen 3 round rifle length forend
full top rail
AE brake and collar big enough to accomodate 6mm
PRI flip up gas block front sight
and as i mentioned, AE said they can get me a 6mm AEM5
so once this is built, just have to find a good optic. Wish there was a scope with better glass similar to the PA GLX 2.5-10x44 with a christmas tree reticle

Reactions: JS8588
I know it's definitely not clone correct, but it's definitely one of those in the spirit of the mk12 mod 0 builds

CLE will absolutely do the custom Contour for you. Call and ask to speak will Paul.

Craddock used to do special orders but not anymore unless you're good with waiting 6-9 months. CLE will accommodate your request in less than a month.
Do you know if CLE can do custom freebore work? I have heard from many folks that the SAAMI spec chamber, for AR-15 mag length, causes bullets to jump quite a bit and many have suggested shorter freebore to make it more jump friendly.

Do you know if CLE can do custom freebore work? I have heard from many folks that the SAAMI spec chamber, for AR-15 mag length, causes bullets to jump quite a bit and many have suggested shorter freebore to make it more jump friendly.

I'll find out and get back to you. What caliber specifically??

I was a little off with the turnaround times. I guess with Spring coming in they're picking up more orders but here's the answer to your question..
Screenshot_20230321_141626_Messages.jpg

Ah darn! Well it probably won't hurt accuracy much if my hornady 105's are junmping 30-50 thou