• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing custom bolt knob...

brwn bggr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2006
central michigan
I'm looking for a Hide member who will machine a custom bolt knob for me...
I'm not against paying a local machine shop but 1st,I would rather spend money within the community and 2nd,I would like to have someone who understands the end product working on it...
Thanks to all...kirt

Check out LongRifles, Inc. and Phoenix Customs (Keith Johns) here on the hide. Both do great work and run specials regularly. Talk to them!

I've got a Grizzly 7x12" mini lathe and a ton of time and patience ;)

We do simple junk like that everyday in the gunsmiths shop that i work at, but make sure hes certified!

We do simple junk like that everyday in the gunsmiths shop that i work at, but make sure hes certified!
I know your intent is to help...And I thank you,but...
As you stated,it's simple junk...anyone with a small lathe or mill can make one...
So who needs to be certified ... And for what...???

Lol- certified? To make a knob for something? Yeah, I'm sure the thousands of other machinists in the country couldn't handle that.

Anyone with a lathe can do what you want if you provide them with a drawing with the specs. I too recommend PCR.

What certification? By what Authority?

Curious- I hear this one more than I get answers.