• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom build advice #2

dave1894

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
IRAQ
Ok! Need a good builder for my next tactical .308 I would like completed. I want to avoid companies which are stressing trying to complete dozens of other rifles and will put some quality time into this.

I know in the past there was a large list of gunsmith's listed here which I can't find. Can someone link me to it or list some of these more reputable smiths please.

Thank you very mucH,
Lw

Re: Custom build advice #2

Just go with William Roscoe you can't go wrong there
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just go with William Roscoe you can't go wrong there
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1

All you need is a mill and a lathe, a good barrel vise and a action block.
Most anyone that reloads already has a decent set of calipers and maybe a mic or two and a dial indicator.

Not brain surgery to square an action or lap lugs....it's a bit of math to set back a barrel tho...

See where I'm going with this ?
It's an excellent time to learn and possibly become one of those very people you are asking for
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for all the input it is really appreciated! I will take all into consideration. Just to answer your question Chiller, no not really. I am weighing slightly towards another .308 build but I might go bigger like .300 .338 or maybe even .50 however unlikely. I have not made up my mind yet.

Thorax sending you a PM your way.

Lw

Pierce Engineering is very fast and has done superb work for me. Jim & John are a pleasure to work with.

I would recomend Travis Redell of R BROS Rifles in WA. He has built me 2 rifles this past year. Both done on time and excellent workmanship. Quick turnaround time to.Highly recommend.

Here is a group you cant go wrong with on price or service. Have built a number of rifles for us around here and for the government. Was down at their shop the other day and are not booked up like crazy like they were a couple of months ago.

http://www.predatorcustomshop.com/