• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Custom Colt Commander

jgraham1

Gun Nut
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2004
Dayton, Wyoming
SPF

Purchased this Series 70 1911 Colt Commander in 45 ACP a long time ago and fired 50 rounds down the tube. I sent this to Accurate Plating and Weaponry where they installed Ed Brown memory groove beavertail grip safety, Ed Brown ambidextrous thumb safety, Ed Brown bobtail mainspring housing with 25 LPI, Wilson Starburst G10 grips and hex head screws, Wilson Commander full-length one-piece guide rod with recoil spring plug, Novak style front and rear night sights and skeletonized adjustable trigger. They also checkered the front strap 25 LPI, milled out an undercut on the front strap at the triggerguard, cut grooves on the front of the triggerguard, polished the internals and did an action job. The rest of the parts are all original Colt parts. Finally, they finished the firearm in hard chrome with flats polished bright and rounded parts in matte. There is one small scratch near the slide release, but nothing that affects fit and function. Comes with ten new original Colt made 8 round stainless magazines, new Backwoods Leather (of Virginia) right hand hip holster and new Backwoods Leather single mag carrier. This is one well done handgun and in perfect shape. Never shot it after I got it back, so I am selling it.

Must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. Shipped is $1650 and local pickup in Springfield, Virginia is $1600. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: 6gunner