• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Desert Tech Butt Pad Adapter

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
I feel I need to start off with a bit of background about this project. If you’re not interested, please skip to the next paragraph, that’s where I get into the specifics about each Adapter Plate. So, what led me here was the desire to eliminate how the OEM buttpad stuck up above the rifle. As you’ll notice in the pics, I shoot with the cheek riser at the lowest position and I had that OEM buttpad right there behind my ear which isn’t so bad when I’m shooting suppressed but when there are times I need to wear earpro, it’s a major PITA. I found out SAC had produced a fully adjustable butt pad assembly and that would’ve worked great for me but they don’t seem super motivated to make them again, it might happen but who knows when that will be? A buddy of mine buys a really nice 3D printer, he’s super successful with what he’s doing and it makes me think. I’ll just model one of the Desert Tech spacers and refine it in such a way that I can add a recoil pad. I looked at my AI Target butt stock and as simple as that is I just feel it’s too much and settle on making it a FIXED recoil pad adapter. Once I see my buddies 3D printed part works on both my A1 and A2 chassis, I notice that the one Pachmayr recoil pad has a pretty solid bottom plate in which an additional hole could be drilled. I then make another model with one long slotted hole and now I have an ADJUSTABLE recoil pad adapter. I understand it’s not as sophisticated as your typical target adjustable butt pads but hey, it gets you some vertical adjustment and will rotate. If I were some machine shop owner, I’d have something truly great designed but all I have right now is the design software….I rely on my buddy for quick prototypes and then rely on another company for the finished product.

Some of you may have seen this in the OFFICIAL (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread….I put this there hoping to get some good feedback. I got some, not as much as I had hoped so I’m starting this thread to show off my Custom Desert Tech Butt Pad Adapter. The hope is to generate enough interest to submit an order….IF interested in this, PM me for pricing and details on sending me a deposit.

1616503240801.png

1616503374199.png

PLEASE NOTE: The pictures and description below is of Pachmayr Recoil Pads that you will need to purchase separately.

1616503519882.png

1616503699968.png

UPDATE: 4/20/2021

New pics, thought maybe it best to show what the recoil pad would look like in Black. I thought the Brown would look good since my rifle is FDE but now that I see it, I think I like BLACK BEST. Also, I am more than willing to submit another order but I will tell you that I would like to get as many people on board, it helps with a slight price break....

The pics below are of the Pachmayr F250 pad. It is small, meaning it's not very long and not very thick. You can see how it compares to the F325 that is LARGE. Also, something to note, this pad came with a white line in it, I didn't care for that so I used a Black Sharpie....I think it turned out OK???

Attachments

• 20210410_114625.jpg
    20210410_114625.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210410_114636.jpg
    20210410_114636.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210410_114647.jpg
    20210410_114647.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210410_114705.jpg
    20210410_114705.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Reactions: M77
I appreciate everyone's interest. Right now I have 4 orders in. If you're interested, I'd appreciate you order now to help get the best price!

THANK YOU!

I hate to rush anyone but I was just informed the vendor I'm working with will be raising their prices in APRIL.

If you are interested, please contact me asap to be part of the order placed before APRIL....I know it's only a week away but keep in mind that I'm only asking for a $50 deposit, the rest due when I receive the parts and feel they are ready to ship to you.

THANK YOU.

ALL....please PM me, messages here are not generating an email notification.

EDIT...I should be receiving email notifications now. I thought since I created the thread, that part would be automatic. But I see now that I have to click UNWATCH.....then click WATCH, and select to receive email notifications.

Either way, I want to THANK ALL that have shown interest. I am really hoping to get some more people before I submit the order which will be Monday 3/29, or Tuesday 3/30 at the latest. After the order is submitted, it will take about 2 weeks for me to receive the adapters. Then I will inspect them, ensure they work in my A1 and A2 chassis, after that, I will be reaching out to all who sent a deposit and request the remaining balance.

Last edited:
I do not offer the buttpad. In several item descriptions and in the FAQ's I try my best to make it clear that I do NOT offer the buttpad. The adapter is designed to use the PACHMAYR recoil pad.

Reactions: Snipe260
yes, I received an email yesterday that the parts were finished printing. There's still a finishing process they need to do but I expect a shipping notification early next week.

Reactions: J-Fonz
UPDATE.....I worked on an adapter for the Gen 1 rifle. Then I rec'd a message asking about an adapter for a Gen 2. If anyone is paying any attention to this thread, is the Gen 1 buttpad the same as the Gen 2....and then it changed for the A1 which is essentially the same as the A2?

I have prototype pics I can share but am expecting to receive the actual printed part in a few days and will upload pics then.

Last edited:
You are straying dangerously close to a commercial vendor post....

Have any of these adapters available? Or know of any aftermarket thicker recoil pad available? Thank you.