• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom DTA-HTI Barrels

300LW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2008
Brenham, Texas
Is anyone building custom barrels for the HTI? DTA suggested contacting Short Action Customs and Freedom Gunworks but neither of them do the HTI.

Re: Custom DTA-HTI Barrels

I've not seen any custom smiths offering barrels for the HTI as of yet, but there is certainly a market for them (or at least there will be once a .50BMG nation-wide ban hits).
wink.gif

Also, I have not seen the specs for the HTI barrels/fluting (which I have for the SRS). If you've got those, getting a smith to make the barrel for you shouldn't be TOO big a deal as long as DTA will sell the barrel extensions like they have done thus far for the SRS.

Yeah, pretty much if a smith can do an SRS barrel, they should be able to do an HTI.

DTA told me that an armorers kit is needed to align the barrel extensions and that they haven't sold any yet for the HTI. Is anyone doing these barrels without the kit?

Now would be a good time to call Mark @ SAC and ask him.