• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Custom Dumoulin Mauser 98 in 6.5x55

jgraham1

Gun Nut
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2004
Dayton, Wyoming
SPF

Custom built Dumoulin Mauser 98 large ring action I bought along with a 6.5x55 caliber 23-inch Douglas premium barrel in sporting configuration and a Bell and Carlson Mauser 98 sporting stock with cheekpiece and full-length aluminum bedding block. The stock is brown with black webbing and a 1-inch Pachmayr black recoil pad was installed. I sent the action, barrel, stock, new B-Square hex head action screws, new Dakota Arms 3-position safety, new Timney Trigger and a new Superior Shooting Speedlock Firing Pin Kit by Tubbs to Gunsmith John King of Kila, MT. He faced off the front of the action, milled an 11-degree target crown on the muzzle, lapped the bolt lugs, smoothed the action, installed and headspaced the barrel, installed a new magazine spring, installed the new safety and trigger, glass bedded the stock and free floated the barrel. The rifle was then shipped to Accurate Plating & Weaponry where they finished the metal in matte hard chrome. I have some of the workorder from John King, but not all of it and I lost all other paperwork in a move. Sorry!

I mounted custom 1-inch Quick Detachable scope rings from Sunny Hill Enterprise, a Swarovski 3-9X36 scope with Butler Creek scope caps and a Scopecoat cover. Also have the scope box and installed an Allen butt cuff that holds 9 rounds and a black Safari Sling.

The rifle has never been shot and the price includes everything listed above, that means the scope also. All you need is ammo to hunt. If shipped, must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. I have over $2600 into the rifle. Shipped is $1350 and local pickup in Springfield, Virginia is $1300. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

Last edited: