• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Custom Gun Coatings CAMO Group buy

TacT-MecH

The Mechanic with Tact
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Missouri
I've been in contact with Branden of Custom Gun Coatings and he is willing to support a group buy depending of the amount of interest.

I started this thread to guage interest and see what percent discount, camo pattern, and number of colors could be supported by the members of SnipersHide.

Feel free to post your wants/"needs" below for all to see and discuss. And if you are interested please let it be known.

A few of the things we discussed were, limited number of "exclusive" camos, discount a percentage of the total job, limiting job to 3 or 4 colors/patterns.

I’d definitely be interested in having a couple different rifles done. Id mostly be after different color variations of multicam or worn finishes.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
I’d be interested. Have been considering sending a KRG Bravo to CGC sometime in the future. Torn between Reverse Woodland Digital or many of the GAP 3 or 4-color patterns. A limited run of “exclusive” camo pattern would be likely to get my money as long as it runs towards the woodland/green & brown color palate I have the desire for. Possibly interested in a Black/PatriotBrown/FDE GAP as well. Honestly, my desires bounce from day to day. ? Tagged for details.

This is all great input! Keep it coming. This is the kind of information that's needed.

I was planning on sending him a stock in the relatively near future. I had spoke to him a few years back, about something like a 3 color GAP camo, using the non black colors of woodland. Then I quit my job, and all the got backburnered .
Gun was just re-barreled and is on its way back now, so I'd definitely be interested

I’ve got a dt srs chassis I’d like to have done in one of the patterns and another stock or 2 as well. Would like more details on the deal before I commit 100% but I’m most likely in.

Branden, is one of the best in the business. You won’t be disappointed.
This is two of the four rifle stocks he’s done for me.
BFE137B4-E566-400E-8A73-7C2F52C462B3.png
46CD83AB-E5F1-4C30-A19F-2DDDD396E3C8.png

With regard to price, it seems most group buys are in the 15-20% off category. IIRC he charges about $225 or $250 for a custom paint job on a stock, so if he were to do a Sitka pattern for $200 I'd be all over it....
Yep me too

Micah's been hounding me (like I told him to) to get on here and say something. So i'm thinking for this group buy, to make it fairly simple for me (and everyone else), i'll just do a 25% off retail price of patterns, and whatever the return shipping is. There are several models of stocks and chassis that have prep charges, and prep charges aren't discounted. I've been back and forth with the number of people I wanted to offer this too, so i'm going to do a small batch this time of 10 people. There's a good possibility that i'll do this again. I want to do a exclusive pattern deal, probly a snipershide theme, i'll sort that out with Frank before that becomes a thing, but i'm not opposed to occasional group buys like this.

There were some comments about Sitka patterns, sorry, i'm not doing any Sitka stuff anymore, they get mad when I do it....and frankly I hate doing them anyway.

A non comprehensive list of reasons for prep charges; previously camo'd stock that needs the paint sanded off, stocks with extensive damage, manners molded and/or non-painted stocks, stocks that have been painted with cerakote.

Chassis prep charges apply on mpa, KRG W3, AI AX post 2014, MDT

Send me a PM and i'll compile a list, and quote individually for the group buy. Right now lead times aren't bad at all, i'm about 3-4 weeks out on new stuff for the most part.

Branden

Branden does some of the best work in the business, if you've seen the Jae stocks camo, Branden probably did it. I've got the Weidman flecktarn below. Beautiful work.

53695221_608344846300534_727813662162267679_n-1.jpg

Sounds like that’s 10...but I’m in if my count is off or someone backs out. Thanks for offering this Branden.

Is the bottom stock standard multicam? I'm trying to decide between that and desert multicam. Thx!
It's technically a reverse desert Nightstalker, there were a series of them done special for Area419, they aren't exclusive to them, it was just a concept I did for them and painted I think 7 for.

Branden

It's technically a reverse desert Nightstalker, there were a series of them done special for Area419, they aren't exclusive to them, it was just a concept I did for them and painted I think 7 for.

Branden

?

Yep, should have recognized the nightstalker pattern, I actually owned a Jae in that for a bit. But then saw the Weidman flecktarn and had to have it. ?

Last edited:
I'd be interested in a 4 color multi cam on a hmr stock
All my multicam patterns are at least 5 colors, most are 6, and I have one 7 color (I think, not looking at the color mix list at the moment).

send me a PM if you're interested in getting some work done, the group buy is full and closed, but we can work something out.

Branden