• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Custom" guns

WxWatcher

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Norman, OK
As I've been gathering parts for my first build, I've also been scanning Armslist and Gunbroker to help a friend of mine find a good AR in his price range. I can't begin to count how often I see an ad for a "custom" gun which consists of an added Magpul stock, a grip pod and maybe a cheap red dot on top of an otherwise out-of-the-box rifle. To me, a custom gun is one where an overwhelming majority of the parts are hand picked to suit the shooters wants/needs. Doesn't necessarily need to be done all at once for a ground up build like I'm doing, can start with a box rifle that has evolved to a different beast over time. But definitely consists of more than a few bolt-on extras. I was just wondering if such things irritate others as much as me, or if I'm reading too much into it. For what it's worth, I have for my build right now a Mega billet upper/lower, Spikes enhanced LPK, Rainier Match barrel-16" SS, and waiting for my XS-products 50 rd drum to show up.

Re: "Custom" guns

I think your conclusion is one most of us have already come to.....

And paragraphs help
smile.gif