• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Custom logo recoil pads source?

serevince

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2011
Spokane
We want to put our company logo on recoil pads. Need a pretty simple traditional style rifle pad for mild calibers. We don't need anything magical. Stocks are own design, so we could even tweak our contour a bit if it helped. Simple embossed logo on the end.

Sent models to a couple of large companies we found online, using their online "get a quote" feature. All I got were automated responses.

I'll take whatever leads you're willing to share.

Thank you!

Vince

It might be possible that a branding iron could get a usable result. Design would likely need to be fairly simple to give a clear result in the different rubber compounds. There are plenty of Etsy shops that could make you one for cheap enough to give it a try.

We want to put our company logo on recoil pads. Need a pretty simple traditional style rifle pad for mild calibers. We don't need anything magical. Stocks are own design, so we could even tweak our contour a bit if it helped. Simple embossed logo on the end.

Sent models to a couple of large companies we found online, using their online "get a quote" feature. All I got were automated responses.

Thank you!

Vince
So you tried Kickeeze, Pachmyr, and Limbsaver and nobody wanted your business? Wow.

Reactions: 308pirate

Thank you!

Vince
Is this something that could be laser etched?
You could try Straight Jacket Armory: https://straightjacketarmory.com/product/glock-laser-stippling/

"Straight Jacket Armory is proud to announce we will now be offering custom laser stippling on Glock frames! We are starting off with a few tried and true patterns but this number will go up over time. Turn around time is only 5-7 days! For a limited time, this price includes the 2 side panels and the front and back strap!

We will remove your factory Stippling, Cerakote, and will even provide the trigger guard undercuts (if you so desire) one of our gunsmiths will reach out to you before work begins to ensure we are giving you exactly what you want."

If you would like to suggest a different pattern or have something custom in mind please reach out to us and we will see if it is possible.

You will be emailed a copy of our FFL to include in your box when you ship, please allow 1 business day receive FFL copy.

Last edited:
Reactions: serevince

How long has it been since? If it's been more than 3 - 4 days pick up the phone and call. Even if all you get is a receptionist, the magic words (I want to give you money) gets some action.

I usually avoid those "request a quote" website forms and call instead. Then ask for a real person's e-mail where I can send RFQ's, specs, CAD models, etc.

Reactions: Baron23
How long has it been since? If it's been more than 3 - 4 days pick up the phone and call. Even if all you get is a receptionist, the magic words (I want to give you money) gets some action.

I usually avoid those "request a quote" website forms and call instead. Then ask for a real person's e-mail where I can send RFQ's, specs, CAD models, etc.
100%, I'd way rather talk to a human being. I called first, got directed to the auto quote. Tried to just get a feel if it was worth submitting. I hate to waste time if they come back with cost or volume numbers we can't handle. .

Reactions: 308pirate
I did look into all of those companies, but if you have a personal contact at Lyman I'd love to chat.

Thanks
Sorry but no, I don't have any personal contacts to draw on....just surprised that none of these companies were not willing to even talk to you about it.

Sorry but no, I don't have any personal contacts to draw on....just surprised that none of these companies were not willing to even talk to you about it.

Some manufacturers have certain volume/annual sales per quote floors they won't go below. If your inquiry doesn't meet them, you sometimes don't even get a no, thank you.