• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom LTR, via Dimensions (AKA Jeromy Holmes)

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
This is my Patriot customized LTR. I just got my stock back from Dimensions. AKA Jeromy Holmes. His work is impeccable. I have to say I think it is better than my first one.

I also just mocked up my new 4-16x42 Schmidt, lightly mounted in rings just to see what it looks like. I traded it for a 4-16x50. I will post more pics once I get the 50 mounted. Here are some mediocre pictures.

gadsdenrifle001.jpg

gadsdenrifle003.jpg

gadsdenrifle005.jpg

gadsdenrifle008.jpg

gadsdenrifle010.jpg

gadsdenrifle025.jpg

gadsdenrifle013.jpg

Re: Custom LTR, via Dimensions (AKA Jeromy Holmes)

Hydro that is bad ass. I like it a little bit more than the 1st one you had. Good looking stick

Very Nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hydro that is bad ass. I like it a little bit more than the 1st one you had. Good looking stick </div></div>

Thanks Deadly, I think I do too.

Awesome!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just pooped a little. That rifle is amazing! </div></div>

Thats fucking nasty bro. LOL

That is one bad mother! Glad to see you finally got it back in your hands.

Overnighted my 42mm Schmidt today in a trade for a 50. Should have it tomorrow, and have some range pics on Saturday. Hope it still shoots as well as before, LOL

Great looking stick Hydro . His work is killer for sure ! How long did you have to wait for it ?

Great looking paint job, big + to an already good looking rifle.

Freakin sweet!

Update. Range report with pictures.

I finally got everything together. Got the 4-16x50 mounted up today and took it to the range to zero. The rifle is a factory LTR barreled action with mods from APA. I have never shot anything from this rifle other than FGMM 168. It is an absolute tack driver inside of 300 yards.

It will easily shoot half MOA and better out to 300. But today I shot to 500 and was a bit disappointed. Only shot a few for groups out that far but they were all slightly, slightly, bigger than 1moa. I have a hard time believing that a rifle that will pretty regularly 1.5-2" groups at 300 cant shoot sub moa at 500. So, I am hoping it is just the ammo. I plan to start working up loads with 155 Scenars and 175 SMK's. Other than in this rifle, and only out to 300 yards, I have never had much luck with the 168's anyway.

Hoping the hand loads will keep it sub moa out to the limits of my range, about 650. Well, here are some pics.

rangeapril3001.jpg

rangeapril3006.jpg

rangeapril3007.jpg

rangeapril3003.jpg

rangeapril3005.jpg

And a couple of my Colt. I was zeroing a new ACOG RCOM4, and reconfirming the fact that I absolutely suck shooting free handed. Was getting 3-4 moa at 100 with Corbon 55 grain ammo, not that the ammo had anything to do with it, LOL.

rangeapril3011.jpg

rangeapril3013.jpg

rangeapril3027.jpg

And some of the range. Was a beautiful day.

rangeapril3028.jpg

This is the 5 and 600 yard berms, where I was humbled. Lens used here was a 55-200mm Nikon VR.

rangeapril3030.jpg

What the hell, here are a couple of my truck. Shipped in a container from Japan.

url]

url]

Not sure why the trucks pics are linking as opposed to displaying.

Loving the new Nikon D5000 from Cameraland. Still have a ton to learn, as evidenced by the pictures.

Who did that paint job?

Do you mind asking how much the paint job was roughly? you can PM it if you don't want it public... just tryin to get a ballpark!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did that paint job?

Do you mind asking how much the paint job was roughly? you can PM it if you don't want it public... just tryin to get a ballpark! </div></div>

are you f*cking kidding?
Someone show this guy how to scroll up to the top of the page and read the first post! Hell, then show him how to PM the painter.

By the way hydro, I'm torn between that paint job and Todd's job on JRose's stock.......
I do like this one better than the previous iteration, and yes a 50mm does look better (not to mention give you a more forgiving exit pupil).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who did that paint job?

Do you mind asking how much the paint job was roughly? you can PM it if you don't want it public... just tryin to get a ballpark! </div></div>

are you f*cking kidding?
Someone show this guy how to scroll up to the top of the page and read the first post! Hell, then show him how to PM the painter. </div></div>

LOFL!! Be nice Sobr, its Easter brother.

Thanks for the comments guys.

The stock with the skulls and so forth on it is very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way hydro, I'm torn between that paint job and Todd's job on JRose's stock.......
I do like this one better than the previous iteration, and yes a 50mm does look better (not to mention give you a more forgiving exit pupil). </div></div>

I have seen that paint job on JRose's. I think it is badass too.

As far as the stuff Jeromy has done for me, I think I like this one a bit better, but I really liked the first one on the GAP 308 as well.

I just prefer this rifle a little more overall, due to the compact size and light weight. Hell, I like them all, that is my problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LOFL!! Be nice Sobr, its Easter brother.
Thanks for the comments guys. </div></div>

It was still just Saturday night on this side of the continent!
wink.gif

Jeromy's got some skills for sure.

WooSaaa...

Nowhere did in the Original post was it said that the actual paint job was done by dimensions.

Im new here, I can't know about everybodys services instantly!

I didn't know... So I asked the question! Is that a problem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WooSaaa...

Nowhere did in the Original post was it said that the actual paint job was done by dimensions.

Im new here, I can't know about everybodys services instantly!

I didn't know... So I asked the question! Is that a problem? </div></div>

I wish I had the "not sure if serious" pic of the Joker.

Read the OP and the thread title. It says both Dimensions, and Jeromy Holmes. No biggie, but it does say it.

Happy Easter everyone.