• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Custom made thread adapter?

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Has anyone ever had a custom made thread adapter made. I have a barrel that is threaded 5/8x24 and I’d like to use my 5.56 suppressor on that is 1/2x28. Does anyone know of where to get one made that’s say .9” in diameter to match up better with the barrel profile. I have found one online but it’s only about .750”

I have done it up size but not down. Either way it’s a bailing wire fix.
Be better to thread your barrel to the correct size.

Has anyone ever had a custom made thread adapter made. I have a barrel that is threaded 5/8x24 and I’d like to use my 5.56 suppressor on that is 1/2x28. Does anyone know of where to get one made that’s say .9” in diameter to match up better with the barrel profile. I have found one online but it’s only about .750”

You can find them on flea bay for about $20, maybe $30 for a reverse step. I bought a 1/2 x 28 to 5/8 x 24 from someone in AZ. It's made out of stainless and works just dandy. Don't forget the NAPA copper based anti-seize.

Those are the ones I’ve found, but they are smaller in overal diameter. I’d like to find someone to make one that would closely match my barrel diameter (roughly .900).

Those are the ones I’ve found, but they are smaller in overal diameter. I’d like to find someone to make one that would closely match my barrel diameter (roughly .900).

Personally, I wouldn't go to that much bother. Having said that, a local machine shop or gunsmith with a lathe could easily make it for you. It's do-able, but a local machine shop may charge $50 or more.

That first link says they do custom work if you cant find something.
T