• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Custom Mernickle 1911 holster

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
About a month ago I ordered a PS1 Extreme Paddle holster from Mernickle. It arrived today and I think it turned out sweet. They were a pleasure to deal with and the craftsmanship is outstanding. It is black leather with a Ray skin inlay. It rides a little higher than my Galco but is very comfortable.

holsterfront.jpg

holsterrear.jpg

Re: Custom Mernickle 1911 holster

I've been looking at their website. I like the snake skin inlay.

Fine looking holster, but I really question the usefullness of carrying an extra magazine on your strong side.

whats to question- the point is you can conveniently carry an extra magazine. In reality if you are going for an extra mag in a concealed carry situation you have some serious problems. In fact even when considering on duty shooting going for a mag is rare. My agency has several officer involved shootings every year and in the past 18 years I only know of 1 incident where the shooting involved a reload.

Great looking holster, I'm looking at getting one similar (w/o extra mag) for my 1911. How well does it conceal and stay put?Mine is an all steel version and I'm wondering about the weight being an issue for it.

I think having the extra mag is a great idea I'm just not sure that I want it attached right to the holster. I'd like it to be were I can move it around to hide it rather than make the holster a little bigger and a little more difficult to conceal.

it does not hug the body as tight as my galco but it does stay put nicely. As for the weight- I have a much heavier 1911 and gave it a try and will say I found it to be uncomfortable.