• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom POF Rogue after 6 months

person

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2021
place
Ordered a POF Rogue pistol in March, got it in August - took it to AR15 Barrels to install the dictator adjustable gas block, he also removed picatinny off the top, bottom front and cut the hand guard flush. He also removed the knobs on the Surefire light so it could sit lower against the Arisaka mount. He noticed the stock gas block was pinned, but they had missed the barrel divot.

Then took the hand guard to Immersed Hydrographix to have it Cerakote FDE.

I also replaced the MFT grip with a MOE K - then a MOE Slim since the added length to trigger made for a better fit - also replaced the MFT brace with a SBA and split fix.

Finally a HFT break action kit and elftman push safety - to make it easier to travel among adjacent states for hunting etc.

Also added a Raptor SD changing handle and brushed on a ton of warmed frog lube on everything.

First trip out to the range was a failure, I was using DAG ammo and the cases stuck, I mortared them out, took it to AR15 barrels they took it apart measured the gas port and made sure the gas block was centered.

Took it back to the range, again the cases stuck so I tried Tula and it shot beautifully no issue, still wouldn't cycle DAG.

Called POF they told me it needed a new extractor so I played phone games for awhile during which I asked and they said a partner had sent them extractors that were bunk and they were replacing them with nitride ones. Finally after about a month of waiting for a new extractor they told me I would need to send the whole thing in to have the gas port opened - not sure if it was due to the dictator or in general.

Sent it back, turn around was a week - they called and said the charging handle I was using was not the right fit, but how or why not clear, they said me they would send another one. The QD slots on the hand-guard hold it on and one of the bolts had started to strip so they added red loctite to one.

Got it back no new charging handle, they said all of them were tied up in production. Saw online that the radian latch could hook and wear down the receiver on other rifles, so I filed it down slightly. Also the SD has straight edges, not the chamfer so I lightly rounded it with a file, since I would rather slightly reduce the effectiveness of the SD design than wear the upper any faster, works great now. Picked up a Magpul RLS with QDM to carry it around desert for a day of hiking and function tests.

DAG still sticks, the cases are thicker, but expand more? So I went back to Tula which worked flawless, seems like the adjustable gas block has more range now - Tula was 4 from open, now its 5-6

Then I switched to Hornaday solid copper deer season and it again ran like a top.

I didn't have time to do any serious marksmanship but at 400 yards I could terrorize coke cans from an odd position and angle and hit a man sized target in the chest at 440 yards standing - which should be good enough with a bipod on elk later this year?

The recoil is mild, the fireballs massive - overall its extremely light 5lbs 7oz with no mag or optics but I would probably stick to the rifle and run the SLS with extended pad and a forward grip for terrain which I experienced quite a bit of on average, its a joy to carry though so short and light - removing the magnifier makes it even more handy which is why I like that setup instead of a LPV. With just the XPS3 it weighs 6lb 3oz no mag, 7lb 13oz as shown with 10 rounds in the mag.

It uses a longer buffer system like the VLTOR so its got plenty of LOP even in the pistol version. I left enough rail on top for either the MAWL or ATPIAL at some point.

I'm using the XPS3 and magnifier - I'd definitely like to get my hands on the new 6x with a unity type mount and a riser for the eotech as well - I tried a cheapo riser that was the same height and it made it much nicer to shoot and meant I could run an ATPIAL without my thumb blocking the sight.

It stayed cool with the built in features and cerakote, I might add some serrations to the top of the hand guard though.

IMG_1060.JPEG
IMG_1158.PNG
3EC23BB1-3B3E-49FA-B789-082D41C2E008_1_201_a.jpeg
65B7A11B-EEC6-4100-A376-E006EB6B3C54_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: wdnoynksl34
brushed on a ton of warmed frog lube on everything.

Remove all of that and use a known lube that doesn’t make guns fail. CLP, Slip 2000, motor oil, etc.

I’ve seen FL lock up actions as if fine sand had been poured in them.

DAG is hitting the gas port with much more pressure than the Tula, which will cause earlier unlocking.

Do you have before and after pics to illustrate what changes actually happened?

Reactions: Jsp556
if frog lube locks up your gun, youve done something wrong.....more than likely you applied it like a fucking retard.

treat it like grease and you wont have a problem.

if frog lube locks up your gun, youve done something wrong.....more than likely you applied it like a fucking retard.

treat it like grease and you wont have a problem.
If you need a special application process for lubricant, the lubricant is poorly designed, especially for field use.

What I saw with one of the attendees in one of my winter DM Courses was that it shut down a Noveske AR-15.

The action felt like someone had literally poured fine sand into it, but there was no sand around because the ground was covered in snow and ice. I thought he had just pulled out some blaster that was used the previous summer in high wind, high dust, left out with the bolt locked back and never cleaned. It was that bad.

If you can’t pull out the BCG in the field, apply the lube, and slap it back in the upper and shoot without malfs, the only retards are the ones who formulated the lubricant.

I treat Frog Lube as a malfunction-inducing product that should be kept as far away from weapons as possible, or just thrown out.

There are many others who had their actions gummed up by it as well.

I’ve just not seen that from CLP, Slip-2000, or motor oil.

The AR needs thick oil that remains on the BCG during heated sessions, that won’t gum up or seize the action.

Reactions: st1650
I really dont give a shit about the product.....i dont currently use it......but if you cant read directions on a bottle, you should be around a gun.

but ive run it in sand, ive run it below freezing.....0 issues......frankly, ive never had any "lube caused" issues of any kind, regardless of the lube ive used....

fuck, ive lubed my guns with straight bearing grease and never had a "gumming up" problem......not being autistic goes a long way to alleviating most gun issues.

i always find it funny when people claim "XXXX lube caused my gun to fail".....no....no it didnt....you being a moron caused your gun to fail.

Frog lube is for wannabe operators that want to give navy seals lap dances. Also for keyboard warriors that like talking down to people online because their wife hits them.

Funny since I remember years ago Frog Lubes was supposedly the greatest invention even though it was just roller coaster lube marked up at 10000%

but muh navy seals made it / use it

The gun community (and the military) always falls for the PR BS - DragonSkin, ADE 651, LeMas ammo and now Miculek is shilling magnets?

Also frog lube is bio degradable, it will spoil in your gun over time. Literally takes 10 min to do your research to realize why it’s a bad idea to use it in a gas gun compared to say Mobil 1 or any other synthetic oil.

Nice Rogue ! Wondering why the AGB- are you planning on shooting suppressed, or just wanted to be able to tweak the gas ? Did you do much shooting before getting it installed and if yes, have you noticed much of a difference ?

When there's so many cheap, quality, non-temperature sensitive lubes, that won't gun fuck you if they migrate under use, why even consider Froglube ?

I got to handle a POF Rogue pistol at the local gun shop today.
What impressed me is how small and light it is.

Basically you get a .308 pistol AR in the same weight / size / thickness package you would normally get a .223

It being pretty light may wind up being important if the ATF has their way and basically over 7.5 pounds becomes no go for a pistol.

If you wanted something small, light and handy and it had to be in a .308 caliber, that is a very interesting option.

It was around the $1700 mark as I recall.