• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Custom Remington Model 7 Barreled Action (300 BLKOUT)

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    SOLD

I have another abandoned project that needs a new home. This rifle started life as a brand-new Remington/AAC collaboration called the Micro 7. And like many of these rifles, squeezing all the potential accuracy out of the barrel proved challenging. About 200 rounds later I had given up. Of the many possible factors, I was convinced the fault lied in the aggressively-fast 1/7" rifling twist which was done to allow stabilization of super-heavy subsonic bullets. Super-heavy bullets which where the only subsonic option in 300BLKOUT at the time.

That said, I decided to overhaul the rifle with a new match-grade 1/10" twist barrel. This twist would be much better suited for supersonic bullets, and as a hand-loader, I also have the flexibility to create subsonic rounds using lighter bullets that would stabilize in a 1/10" twist barrel. Although these days, subsonic factory loads with lighter bullets are also more readily available.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or resources to see this project through. Since the new barrel was installed, it has only been test-fired by the gunsmith. This rifle is looking for a good home with someone who can appreciate the uniqueness and flexibility of this tactical/hunting hybrid. I also convinced to sell the stock separately, as it originally included an MDT LSS Gen2 chassis (last picture). I still think it is a great stock choice for this setup, but Boyd's and Bell and Carlson make more traditional stock variants. Or I guess you could go really crazy and get a Manners or McMillan.

- Remington Model 7 action
    - customized bolt fluting and bolt handle (Pro Precision Rifles)
    - 16" Lothar-Walther medium-heavy stainless barrel, 1/10" twist (Pierce Engineering)
    - 5/8-24 tpi threaded muzzle
    - Will include both the 20 MOA scope rail, and a pair of 30mm Talley ring/bases with enlarged 8-40 screw holes
    - Four (4) pounds, ten (10) ounces as shown

Asking $550 shipped to your FFL, who must accept from individuals. No trades, please. (chassis and bipod not included)

Thanks for looking

Last edited: