• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Custom reticle...who makes and installes

seanh

Fucktard Ring ldr
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Houston, TX
Since I can't find an older scope with the reticle I like I want to have one made. Anyone here know of a company that will provide the service?

I know Leupold, Nightforce etc will do it on their scopes but I don't have theirs and won't buy one for quite some time.

Re: Custom reticle...who makes and installes

The reticle was from a Springfield Armory Gov't scope...at least that's what I recall. It's been too many years since I had the scope. Yes, I've already called them and they were no help.

It was very similar to the Shepherd reticle in design. Simply put a circle on your target and pull the trigger.

http://shepherdscopes.com/images/2011catalog.pdf

So you're just looking for scope with a BDC style reticle, or are you looking for someone to install it into a scope you already have?

It's not that it was just a BDC reticle, it was the rings...peep sight style. If you'ev ever use peep sights you'd understand how quick they can be to acquire a target.

I'm looking to get a reticle made for a scope I'd be getting. I would say have but the two that I currently use are crap scopes...Barska and Tasco.

sscoyote--I'll be giving them a call to see what they can do.

We can probably do this easier, and cheaper than any other scope manufacturers out there, but it will only be for our scopes.
John III

I know that you and other high end manufacturers will custom make reticles. I don't have those scopes nor will I be purchasing them.

There great glass but I'll never see the benefit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that you and other high end manufacturers will custom make reticles. I don't have those scopes nor will I be purchasing them.

There great glass but I'll never see the benefit. </div></div>

You realize that it's going to cost quite a bit to have a custom reticle put into <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> scope, right?

yea, about 200 bucks...unless they do all the work. The hard part is getting the installation done.

sounds like project time.