• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom rimfire action

gamma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Can some of you guys recommend a great rimfire action for something like a heavy varmint rifle.

Re: Custom rimfire action

The CZ452 varmit. 21" varmit contour barrel, 5 or 10rd mags, and just plain accurate.

Ooops just read the post title. Skunkworks is making a nice repeater .22 action, based on the 40X it has a Remington 700 footprint which will lend itself to many stock options. If I didnt have a 40X, and wanted a custom, that would be my choice.

The Stiller they are ready for delivery no wait. and 900 bucks. Or you could get a 40x

If your not going to compete and don't need a mag a 40X is hard to beat.
If you want a mag then it's custom or Annie 54.18
It depends on exactly it will be used for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Stiller they are ready for delivery no wait. and 900 bucks. Or you could get a 40x </div></div>

Did Stiller actually release the rimfire action? I remember they announced it a couple of years ago but there was a delay in production. I could not find it on their website but I may have missed it. A link to the rimfire action on Stiller's website would be appreciated.

From http://www.viperactions.com/ on the "What's New" page...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rimfire

We have 3 versions. The Lonestar is a single shot action that fits into a Remington short pattern stock. It has a PTG 40X replacement bolt. The 25X is our repeater version and uses a similar bolt built to our specs. The Copperhead is our true benchrest action with dual firing pins, Anschutz style loading ramp, center lug and a unique shroud/firing pin system for perfect alignment. IF you want the best rimfire, this is it. Pics and more information will follow. The Lonestars will be delivered the end of October, 25X in December and Copperheads about the same.

</div></div>

Keep in mind though that this page was last updated on 10/14/10. They are all however currently listed on their "Parts/Prices" page with MSRP prices.

Depending on your budget, I'd consider the CZ 455 series. The actions are incredible, and are currently priced in the $400 range. Lilja will be releasing a heavy barrel for it sometime before the end of the year, and seeing how the end is near that wait isn't much longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Situation Normal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From http://www.viperactions.com/ on the "What's New" page...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rimfire

We have 3 versions. The Lonestar is a single shot action that fits into a Remington short pattern stock. It has a PTG 40X replacement bolt. The 25X is our repeater version and uses a similar bolt built to our specs. The Copperhead is our true benchrest action with dual firing pins, Anschutz style loading ramp, center lug and a unique shroud/firing pin system for perfect alignment. IF you want the best rimfire, this is it. Pics and more information will follow. The Lonestars will be delivered the end of October, 25X in December and Copperheads about the same.

</div></div>

Keep in mind though that this page was last updated on 10/14/10. They are all however currently listed on their "Parts/Prices" page with MSRP prices.

Depending on your budget, I'd consider the CZ 455 series. The actions are incredible, and are currently priced in the $400 range. Lilja will be releasing a heavy barrel for it sometime before the end of the year, and seeing how the end is near that wait isn't much longer.</div></div>

My 455 is screaming for a Lilja barrel
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we have probably 50 rbrp and rblp sitting on the shelf. improved version of a 40x in stainless. pretty hard to go wrong. </div></div>

You cant go wrong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we have probably 50 rbrp and rblp sitting on the shelf. improved version of a 40x in stainless. pretty hard to go wrong. </div></div>

What about Left Bolt Left Port 25x actions?

find an Anschutz match 54 (older 60's or 70's)on the web. gunbroker, gunsamerica, targettalk, etc..you can pick up a rifle fr under a $1000 and they hadve adjustable triggers and it will do anything you need it to do in the rimfire world. I have built a number of rifles on these actions with phenomenal results.

Has anyone heard any more about skunkworks 605 action or the 40x repeter project?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone heard any more about skunkworks 605 action or the 40x repeter project? </div></div>

any update ?