• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Custom MVA 1885

jgraham1

Gun Nut
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2004
Dayton, Wyoming
I have for sale a MVA Model 1885. I purchased the action in the white from MVA and sent it to gunsmith John King to build. John installed a Green Mountain and chambered it for 40-65. He also made the barrel half octagon and half round with a single wedding band. A Ben Rice close couple trigger was fitted and installed. I obtained a gorgeous $1000 English walnut stock from Treebone Carving with an Ebony inlet that John fitted and finished. John did lots of other work as he built it from the ground up and I have the original workorder. Case color on the action and buttplate and all other parts are blued.

Overall length is 44” with a 13.5” pull. Barrel is 1.030” at the breach and .930 at the muzzle. Tang sight is an Axtell Winchester Mid-Range (elevation adjustable) with Hadley eyecup. Front sight is Axtell globe with one insert and spirit level clip and a standard clip. No rear barrel sight dovetail was cut. Barrel is stamped like the original Winchester rifles. Weight is around 9 pounds. Have some extra screws also.

I recently sent the rifle to JES Rebore and had the rifle hogged out to 45-70. JES restamped the barrel where it was originally marked 40-65. He also stamped it below the forend with 45-70 and JES. The new stampings were cold blued, but the top one could be a little better. It is the only defect on the rifle.

Rifle has never been fired and has been a safe queen since built in 2018 and is in new condition. I am selling all my modern BPCR and sticking with my antique BPCRs. This is my last BPCR rifle I will have for sale. An FFL is required, and your dealer must accept from a private individual. Will ship for $3600, which is a steal as the parts alone are worth that much. No electronic payments or trades. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

1885 1.jpg
1885 2.jpg
1885 3.jpg
1885 4.jpg
1885 5.jpg
1885 6.jpg

Last edited: