• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Custom Seating Die

ethridgemd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2010
Colorado
I'm building a 25 creedmoor and wanted to ask the group if they knew of a business or individual who could cut a custom seating die for me with my reamer. I know what needs to be performed but I don't know of someone or business who does this sort of thing. I asked alamo precision (who is turning the barrel and assembling the rifle) if they would do it but they said no.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hornady will custom make dies. My friend had them make a custom sizing and seating die for his 25GT. I think they needed 3 bullets and one or two cases.

I would add that I ram a 25 CM and I just used my 6.5 CM Redding competition seater. It made excellent ammo, sing the 6.5 VLD long seating stem with the 131 Ace. Might be quite a bit cheaper than custom. Both good ways to go. Enjoy that 25.