• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Custom Shaped Stock For Mauser With James Tucker

10xBuilder

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2010
Let me start by saying I am a student at Lassen Gunsmithing College, in the past weeks I have been doing everything possible towards making your stock, inletting, bedding, the works! For my inletting and stock shaping course, my instructor was the world famous, James Tucker! Going into these classes, I needed a semi inletted stock, I will NEVER buy another... It started out with the fact that in some parts it was a fine semi inlet but in others it was a "%110" inletted stock.... Barrel channel was MASSIVE right in the middle of it so needless to say, there's a rather LARGE gap.. the bottom metal around the mag box was over shot like nothing I have ever seen... Needless to say, I was mad... I spent my first two days inletting the stock, and being the only person done with that, I decided to start shaping! Using Mr. Tucker to my total advantage, I was properly instructed in each step. I never would have guessed that you can shape a stock to such strict standards.. If you take a straight edge to any part of the rifle (other then the grip of course) every thing is flat, no gaps anywhere as well as both sides are perfectly even. taking a pre shaped stock, I turned a piece of CRAP into a piece of art! Although in many spots there was no were near enough material to fit it properly, I was able to change EVERYTHING about this stock! Now I am in my glass bedding course and have free floated the barrel then ripped all of that out so I could pressure bed it and still get credit for doing so. I would love to hear your opinions on Tucker stocks as well as Free Floating vs. Pressure bedding! Any advice is appreciated so please do leave me your views experiences any ideas you have!
Your Local Gunsmithing Student
10xBuilder!

Re: Custom Shaped Stock For Mauser With James Tucker

How about some pictures!! Let's see what your doing....

Merlinn