• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom spotting scope covers

SpookM14

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Mountain West
Seems all the threads about this can't be found anymore. Those that are still around, the people haven't been around for years and there is no way to get into contact with them.

I have a Vortex Razor I just bought and would like to get a nice cover that is better quality than the standard covers you can find online. Does anyone have a lead where I can get one of these made? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have an older Bushnell Discovery that could use a cover as well.

Look into Kinesis professional lens cases. Not custom but they have a lot of sizes. Pricey, but not compared to the optic you are protecting. They even have harness, backpack and tripod carry conversion options. To backpack your optic and tripod on the same kit is nice. The e976 looks to work well for the elusive STR 80 case. I am giving it a try I will let you know how it works.

PS I emailed them for info and was answered by the company owner. Great service. He told me there was a spotting case in the 80's called scope case. Suddenly pro photogs began using them and this lead to the pro photo scope cases like Kinesis.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpookM14