• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Custom Stocks for T1X

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Just snagged a new T1X in 17HMR and had a question. There doesn't seem to be many custom stocks out there for Tikka's rimfire rifles. The Tikka website site shows what is in the picture. If I were to order a Manners or something else with the T3X inlet, would it be good to go for a T1X?

1641834051142.png

Just snagged a new T1X in 17HMR and had a question. There doesn't seem to be many custom stocks out there for Tikka's rimfire rifles. The Tikka website site shows what is in the picture. If I were to order a Manners or something else with the T3X inlet, would it be good to go for a T1X?

View attachment 7780975
    I have a KRG Bravo on my T1X, love it.
    Mark

I briefly had a bravo for my CTR wasn’t the biggest fan. If I could get a manners for the t1x I will. I’m 99% sure I can but figured someone on here would/should know.

The inlet is nearly the same. Below is a mcmillan game warden I took off a t3x and put on my 17. Only modification I had to make was extending the bolt stop cut, the bolt stop on the t1x is much further forward. The top of the inlet is identical, as is the bottom metal to the plastic tikka mag bottom metal. Where I can see you having problems is the mag well area on some stocks. It needs to be able to fit the fixed t1x mag well.

FDCD0965-28C5-4C2C-8EE7-7BE35E0E4309.jpeg

Reactions: lambsey
    ... something ... with the T3X inlet, would it be good to go for a T1X?

from when i spoke with Josh at MDT, the t3x inlet with the mdt ess will work for the t1x but not my 1st gen ess as it requires a tiny machining mod that the new ess chassis come with to take the t1x. dont know if its the same across the board though. no comment on other brands or what mod is required, but i know you can interchange t3x stocks on t1x barreled actions.

from when i spoke with Josh at MDT, the t3x inlet with the mdt ess will work for the t1x but not my 1st gen ess as it requires a tiny machining mod that the new ess chassis come with to take the t1x. dont know if its the same across the board though. no comment on other brands or what mod is required, but i know you can interchange t3x stocks on t1x barreled actions.
    Hmmm...I might order one and see how it goes.

speak with MDT to confirm but this is what Josh mentioned to me...

"The T1x and T3/x are super similar and are designed to basically fit in the same chassis/stocks, however, there are very slight differences. Depending on when you got your ESS chassis, we made an update to them fairly recently to allow the T1x to drop in (by removing a little more material to clear the magazine well on the T1x). If you have an older chassis, then it is possible for you to manually add clearance for mag well, but the newer ones we have taken care of it for you!"

Bell & Carlson makes two stocks specifically for the T1X - #1024 sporter, and #1025 competition with adjustable cheekpiece.

I have several Manners Tikka EH1s w/ mini chassis in stock right now.