• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Custom Tac Con ghillie build

Ghillie Zen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
The Black Lodge
I just put this together for a customer and was able to get a few field pics. The top is a Tactical Concealment Cobra hood (camel brown) w/ add-on sleeves. The sleeves were modded with paracord for arm coverage. The chest piece is custom and attaches to a prototype water bladder carrier/molle platform. The pants are Tac Con 2nd gen mamba.

The ghillie is completely tricked out and has full adjustment mods for the hood and upper sleeves. It has thumb loops, stirrups and a crotch strap to keep it all in place on low crawls. It was given a light mud bath and even a splash of paint (inspired by the infamous ant vomit camo. many thanks to He-Shoot-Me
grin.gif
)

Pic info:
1)kneeling w/ veg
2)standing w/o veg
3)standing rear w/o veg
4)up close 2 meters w/ veg
5)side shot about 10 meters w/o veg
6)shot of front and chest piece
7)rear shot of carrier/platform

Re: Custom Tac Con ghillie build

That is absolutely amazing.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> even a splash of paint (inspired by the infamous ant vomit camo. many thanks to He-Shoot-Me
grin.gif
) </div></div>

LOL! Man GZ, you may have outdone yourself with that set-up, it looks awesome! Really, really nice work bro!

-Pat

That sir is one of the best ghillie suits I have ever seen.

pic 4 and 5 are absolutely amazing...nice work on the special gear you built it from. I would have liked to see a pic of you standing up to wave in a "here i am" fashion in that pic 5...i have a couple guesses as to where you might be...but honestly have NO FLIPPIN CLUE!

thanks for all the kind words guys. it's nice to get feedback from those that appreciate the craft.

hope y'all don't mind me throwin up pics of customs every now and then. i pump out a lot of these puppies and put an awful lot of myself into each one. as i'm sure others on here that build ghillies can attest, it can be sort of a bummer knowing that once you send that fuzzy lil' fella out to a customer, nobody will ever really get to see the thought and hardwork put into it. (well.. hopefully nobody :))

c-bass, check just low of center on far left side. the barrel starts about a ft from the pic border. the side of the rifle is creating a shadow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for all the kind words guys. it's nice to get feedback from those that appreciate the craft.

hope y'all don't mind me throwin up pics of customs every now and then. i pump out a lot of these puppies and put an awful lot of myself into each one. as i'm sure others on here that build ghillies can attest, it can be sort of a bummer knowing that once you send that fuzzy lil' fella out to a customer, nobody will ever really get to see the thought and hardwork put into it. (well.. hopefully nobody :))

c-bass, check just low of center on far left side. the barrel starts about a ft from the pic border. the side of the rifle is creating a shadow. </div></div>

It shows in your work looks great man.

first pic = rifle shape / shadow gave you away, but not by much.

second pic = I had to zoom the picture to see detail. I saw the bore of the muzzle (black dot centered in a tan circle) then the pantyhose over the objective lens of the scope. Then I could just make out the bend in your right elbow.

But you are damn near invisible to the naked eye and especially if you were not being looked for.
You're veg'ed up pretty well.

Do you have any pictures of any G-suits made for the eastern parts of the US?

Hardwoods, pines, etc., terrain that would be encountered in the mountains of the east coast states?

I am inspired by your work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any pictures of any G-suits made for the eastern parts of the US?

Hardwoods, pines, etc., terrain that would be encountered in the mountains of the east coast states? </div></div>

One of the last pics I posted in the gallery was for a reservist in New Hampshire. It is the viper pic with 3 different views. I created it for settings similar to those you described. I made a custom dye mix to give some of the jute a grayish-green (basically foliage green) appearance and put in sections of flat burlap to help blend in with the granite rock in his AO.

I also just put together a web-tex based ghillie for a LEO in New York. He will be putting together a set of field pics for me soon. When he sends them to me, I'll post some images.

I've put together other ghillies for that region of the US, but don't always get the time to take pics before they go out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ghillieinthemist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much do you charge for your suits? </div></div>

i'm on hold for doing customs right now, i just picked up a position with tactical concealment and will be focusing all my attention on that for the time being. there is a bunch of new tc models being introduced at shot show. i'm pretty excited to start promoting the new line. lots of cool stuff.

IMPACT - the balaclava is an outdoor research ninja ck.