• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Tactical Rifle

M1Tanker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2007
Rigby, ID
Here is something a little different for the forum. Normally I love blued steel and fine wood, but I also appreciate a a top end synthetic tack driver too.

I started this rifle several years ago thanks to the nudging and help of a forum member. The rifle was set up and shooting a few years ago but it took mea while to finally get the finishing touches done - which would be the new bolt handle, scope, and rings.

The rifle is amazingly accurate and a pleasure to shoot. On several occasions I have shot under 1/2 MOA out to 500 meters with match ammo.

Here are the specs:

Stock - McMillan A5 in desert tan camo - bedding done by McMillan

Action - Remington 700 - trued, lapped with Tubbs oversized recoil lug and Tubbs Speedlock installed

Barrel - Early Gale MCmillan 1:10 308 Winchester - 24"

Trigger - Jewell

Bottom metal - DD Ross Tactical

Mount - Badger 20 MOA

Rings - Leupold Mark 4 medium

Scope - Leupold Mark 4 10X

The bolt handle is a Holland that Mike McCabe welded on for me - it is a real improvement over the factory or the so called tactical knobs out there. mike did an amazing job welding it on.

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0787.jpg