• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom tactical/target rifle set up

kennyfisher4413

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
Ashville, OH
im looking to get some ideas im new to the .22LR shooting world. Im wanting to build a tactical target rifle based on the ruger 10/22 since upgrade parts are so abundant for them.

I know ruger already makes a stock 10/22 tactical target but I want to have the fun of customizing it and trying to make a better rifle.

So any ideas as to what upgrades are the most important in accuracy feel free to speak up.
Whats the best barrel, trigger mech, etc...

Re: Custom tactical/target rifle set up

Best trigger is KIDD. No contest. I have these in my rifles and also have given them to my kids for their rifles. Incredible workmanship. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

If you look at KIDD's website you will find lots of goodies for your project.

Plus, he is a great guy to deal with as is his wife who usually answers the phone.

Marc o

Yeah ive seen their site and have already been talking to them I think im going to get their Kidd supergrade 10/22 package as a beginner benchrest rifle...I know bolt action is supposed to be the best for that but ive read that people are having success with the Kidd auto loading as well.

well ill tell you what, his stuff looks great. clean and well made

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Militant83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marc o

Yeah ive seen their site and have already been talking to them I think im going to get their Kidd supergrade 10/22 package as a beginner benchrest rifle...I know bolt action is supposed to be the best for that but ive read that people are having success with the Kidd auto loading as well. </div></div>

My 2 cent - if your thinking BR go with a target bolt
10/22 is a money pit - I put 1500 into mine and a so so bolt will beat
it hands down - it's your money but spend once cry once.
Mine shoots good but what you could've had will enter your head.
It is a true silk purse sows ear thing.
Lilja, Kidd, CPC bolt, 5 stocks and bedding jobs to get it right
T-36 and Hoehn tuner + 7+$/bx ammo
But for a fun type plinker A++
Kidd trigger decent bbl cool stock of your choice and a pretty good mil-dot
and 3-4$/bx makes a good play toy with out breaking the bank.

Frog, thanks for the link..the problem im having with stocks is im a left handed shooter and all the stocks I like are only made for right hand shooters.

I've gone with Volquartsen trigger group internal parts and extended mag release, and can happily recommend the Butler Creek Stock and .920" Target Barrel combo as a good, cost effective accuracy mod.

Don't foget extra magazines, I'm good with the factory 10 rounders.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Militant83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frog, thanks for the link..the problem im having with stocks is im a left handed shooter and all the stocks I like are only made for right hand shooters. </div></div>

The Reihland stock can be run LH or RH....cheekpiece screws are all that you change....the pistol grip is ambidextrious...they are very good stocks.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1459398&page=1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Militant83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im looking to get some ideas im new to the .22LR shooting world. Im wanting to build a tactical target rifle based on the ruger 10/22 since upgrade parts are so abundant for them.

I know ruger already makes a stock 10/22 tactical target but I want to have the fun of customizing it and trying to make a better rifle.

So any ideas as to what upgrades are the most important in accuracy feel free to speak up.
Whats the best barrel, trigger mech, etc...

Check this out, the target varminter is ambi.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/
</div></div>