• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Custom Titanium Hardware for Spuhr Mounts

Obi-WanKannoli

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
USA
I appreciate the ongoing interest in this hardware however the batch has been sold out and as of now I do not plan to make more due to the time and labor involved. If this changes for one reason or another in the future I will certainly provide an update to the community. Thank you to those who have participated and I hope you enjoy them!

*UPDATE, 5/24/23*

500 screws in my hand! I'll be firing up the lathe and getting these all done Saturday the 27th; expect invoices Sunday the 28th and I will be shipping these starting Monday the 29th!

20230524_115243.jpg

*UPDATE, 5/22/23*

Screws have shipped to me! Should be cutting them this weekend.

*UPDATE, 4/17/23*

FYI to all interested; I am being told 4-6 week lead time on the ring screws that I turn down on the lathe. I will keep everyone posted on whether they will be arriving earlier or not.

*UPDATE, 4/13/23*

Hardware has been ordered! I will follow up with each of you when I am ready to ship.

Pricing and names for kits:

SP12R4C - 12x 10mm T20 Ring Screws, 4x 35mm or 20mm T25 Flanged Cross Bolts - $100 to your door

SP12R5C - 12x 10mm T20 Ring Screws, 5x 35mm or 20mm T25 Flanged Cross Bolts - $105 to your door

SP10R4C - 10x 10mm T20 Ring Screws, 4x 35mm or 20mm T25 Flanged Cross Bolts - $90 to your door

SP12R0C - 12x 10mm T20 Ring Screws Only - $85 to your door

SP10R0C - 10x 10mm T20 Ring Screws Only - $75 to your door

Add-ons:

SP1R0C - 1x 10mm T20 Ring / Accessory Screws - $7 to your door

SP0R1C - 1x 35mm or 20mm T25 Flanged Cross Bolt - $5 to your door

*All kits utilize USA Made, Grade 5 Ti-Al6-V4 Ring Screws and UK Made, Grade 5 Ti-Al6-V4 Flanged Cross Bolts each with rolled threads.

I recently put together some custom titanium hardware for my Spuhr mount, and after an overwhelmingly positive response from members of the community in that thread I've decided to offer a few sets for sale.

Here is the thread for more information:

The screws (US Made) and cross bolts (UK Made) are Grade 5 Ti-Al6-V4 (titanium) with rolled threads. Because the Spuhr mount does not use hardware in sizes for the rings that are readily available in titanium, I turn these down on our lathe. Additionally, I decided to incorporate a flanged bolt for the cross bolts instead of the standard bolt and washer.

Benefits of this hardware are:
- Complete corrosion resistance
- Lighter weight
- Much deeper bit depth in the screw head
- Calculated to use the same lubricated torque specs as your standard hardware. A thread locker, lubricant, or Anti-seize should be used same as your steel hardware which comes from the factory with a dry film lube applied.
- More consistent pre-load. Because titanium is of a higher yield strength and lower Youngs Modulus compared to the steel in question, it will absorb more displacement (can elongate more, think of the screw as a spring) without the pre load changing. Pre load will vary under stress in any fastener, but far less in titanium compared to steel. Here that means less change in preload or opportunity for loosening as a result of recoil or vibration.

20230321_163627.jpg

20230327_124429.jpg

20230327_124425.jpg

20230321_163918.jpg

20230321_163132.jpg

20230321_162356.jpg

20230414_114153.jpg

20230414_114218.jpg

20230321_165855.jpg

20230327_125053.jpg

20230327_125032.jpg

20230327_125017.jpg

20230410_141000.jpg

I have a number of people interested but would like to do a run of at least 20 sets to start. If you are interested, please post the following:
- Spuhr Mount Model #
- Number of sets
- Required extra hardware for attachments, spares, etc.

Pricing will start at $100 Shipped to your door for a set of 12x ring screws and 4x cross bolts. I will of course modify down for QD sets, sets with less ring screws, etc. and up for spares, accessories, etc. I am also happy to work with someone on developing a hunting mount set, your hardware will be free.

Please reach out with any questions. Thank you for your time and interest.

- Andrew

Last edited:
Awesome!! Expensive…. But awesome!!
Love the Spuhr mounts but the screws definitely could use some attention…
It is certainly expensive, although I guess as is anything with small batch custom machining and titanium made in the USA & UK. That said I could certainly make these a lot cheaper, but I refuse to support the Chinese economy and sell garbage, pot metal screws to the community!

It is certainly expensive, although I guess as is anything with small batch custom machining and titanium made in the USA & UK. That said I could certainly make these a lot cheaper, but I refuse to support the Chinese economy and sell garbage, pot metal screws to the community!
Hope you didn’t take that as a negative comment. I own a custom fab shop so I definitely understand the cost of limited production! Keep up the good work man they look fantastic! I’ll be ordering a couple sets soon!

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
Hope you didn’t take that as a negative comment. I own a custom fab shop so I definitely understand the cost of limited production! Keep up the good work man they look fantastic! I’ll be ordering a couple sets soon!
Oh no absolutely not taken as negative!! It's objective for sure and I completely agree with you. I appreciate the kind words and I will certainly do so!

Reactions: Shayne Ward
I recently put together some custom titanium hardware for my Spuhr mount, and after an overwhelmingly positive response from members of the community in that thread I've decided to offer a few sets for sale.

Here is the thread for more information:

The screws (US Made) and cross bolts (UK Made) are Grade 5 Ti-Al6-V4 (titanium) with rolled threads. Because the Spuhr mount does not use hardware in sizes for the rings that are readily available in titanium, I turn these down on our lathe. Additionally, I decided to incorporate a flanged bolt for the cross bolts instead of the standard bolt and washer.

Benefits of this hardware are:
- Complete corrosion resistance
- Lighter weight
- Much deeper bit depth in the screw head
- Calculated to use the same lubricated torque specs as your standard hardware
- More consistent pre-load. Because titanium is of a higher yield strength and lower Youngs Modulus compared to the steel in question, it will absorb more displacement (can elongate more, think of the screw as a spring) without the pre load changing. Pre load will vary under stress in any fastener, but far less in titanium compared to steel. Here that means less change in preload or opportunity for loosening as a result of recoil or vibration.

View attachment 8118448
View attachment 8118468
View attachment 8118452
View attachment 8118449
View attachment 8118458
View attachment 8118642
View attachment 8118450
View attachment 8118451
View attachment 8118453
View attachment 8118471
View attachment 8118643
I have a number of people interested but would like to do a run of at least 20 sets to start. If you are interested, please post the following:
- Spuhr Mount Model #
- Number of sets
- Required extra hardware for attachments, spares, etc.

Pricing will start at $100 Shipped to your door for a set of 12x ring screws and 4x cross bolts. I will of course modify down for QD sets, sets with less ring screws, etc. and up for spares, accessories, etc. I am also happy to work with someone on developing a hunting mount set, your hardware will be free.

Please reach out with any questions. Thank you for your time and interest.

- Andrew
PM Sent Andrew!

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
Need to confirm with a few people, but we're up to 18x sets. I placed the order today all the hardware as well. Hopefully these will be spinning in the lathe by next week! Thanks everyone for the interest.

Edit - Kit names and pricing added to original post.

Last edited:
Hi all,

For those asking about attachments, please note the screws will be cut the same as the ring screws as they are from Spuhr. Although some attachments will accept standard hardware, I thought it best for the end user to have interchangeability between all accessory and ring screws.

20230420_112003.jpg

I don't want to scare anyone whom has purchased a set of these TI screws. TI and ALU are on opposite sides of the galvanic spectrum. Thus if the anodizing on the alu isn't perfect or has been worn those TI screws will corrode the aluminum and seize. I would highly suggest using an anti-seize paste.

I don't want to scare anyone whom has purchased a set of these TI screws. TI and ALU are on opposite sides of the galvanic spectrum. Thus if the anodizing on the alu isn't perfect or has been worn those TI screws will corrode the aluminum and seize. I would highly suggest using an anti-seize paste.
Thanks for your concern. Any grade of steel you can come up with will corrode or oxidize long before Titanium in any sort of wet and or salty conditions. I've already suggested that a thread lubricant or locker of some sort be used in stating a lubricated torque spec, same as with steel. I'll add to this and make it emphatically clear. These are absolutely not incompatible metals; FYI, Titanium fasteners are used regularly with aluminum in aircraft, spacecraft, race cars, bicycles, firearms, knives, etc. without issue.

If you'd like to discuss further please feel free to comment on my non-PX thread on this topic or PM me and not clog up my F/S post with discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike223
The issue is not the ti corroding but the aluminum. Again I’m just recommending an anti-seize.

The issue is not the ti corroding but the aluminum. Again I’m just recommending an anti-seize.
If the aluminum is annodized and a lubricant is used this does not occur, same exact situation with steel or any other bimetallic combination. Again, I reco'd some type of lubricant from the start.

Reactions: pr1malr8ge
*UPDATE, 5/24/23*

20230524_115243.jpg

500 screws in my hand! I'll be firing up the lathe and getting these all done Saturday the 27th; expect invoices Sunday the 28th and I will be shipping these starting Tuesday after the holiday.

Last edited:
For those of you who have paid, you are all packaged up and I will be shipping these out today! Thank you for your support, this has been a fun project with the community and I hope everyone enjoys them. I triple checked each count for screws in each bag, but in the unlikely event that any of you have an error please contact me and I will overnight you whatever is outstanding.

20230531_080230.jpg

Edit:

All packages have been shipped! I will follow up with tracking numbers after work.

Last edited:
The TI kit crossed the pond and it is now ready to go…
great stuff @Obi-WanKannoli ready to get more!
keep up the good work buddy!
(post scriptum: now I don’t just hold the record of shit attached to a Spuhr, but also by TI means!)

mauro
View attachment 8164441
Mauro, looks like an incredible setup! Glad you are enjoying them and very happy everything worked out with getting them to you while in the US. Hahah hey if you're going to have a ton of gadgets on there what better way to attach them right?

Reactions: giumau1
Hi @Obi-WanKannoli

Just found the time today to install the screws I purchased. They go in much more easily than the stock SPUHR screws due to the improvements you made. The TORX driver fits a lot better.

View attachment 8165128
The screws are fantastic and a HUGE upgrade from the originals. A little close up...

View attachment 8165175
These rifles look incredible! Really happy to see everyone posting photos of their setups and I'm glad to hear that you all feel they are a worth while upgrade over stock. I hope you all enjoy them!

Reactions: Nik H and GT40MkI