• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes CUSTOM TURRENTS

hesco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
Can a scope with 1/4 moa turrents be fitted with 1/8 moa or mil turrents.

Re: CUSTOM TURRENTS

sure

but that doesn't mean one click will equal 1/8"

it takes more than changing turret covers to change the adjustment.

Some scopes can be changed by the manufacturer however it might be pricey?

Are you refering to the internals or just the caps/covers of the turrets?

As a machinest, thought i may be able to make my own turrents to index, mils,or 1/4, 1/2, 1/8 moa need to inspsect the notches to figure out the spacing.

What's a turrent ?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a turrent ?
wink.gif
</div></div>

It's when a 'current' goes bad!!! Kinda like a mini typhoon I think?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's a turrent ?
wink.gif
</div></div>
Google is your friend. lmao

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turrent

Turrent: A common misspelling of the word "turret," usually made by people with a fourth-grade education.
Ex: Turrents r kOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a scope with 1/4 moa turrents be fitted with 1/8 moa or mil turrents. </div></div>

You could put care-bears on it if you wanted to but it wont change the click value.

WOW what a bunch of smots, thought this behaivor was reserved for the bear pit,dont know what the big deal is about not being able to spell, willing to bet most of you are using spell check. dont worry about the turrets will figure them out on my own. TYVM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW what a bunch of smots, thought this behaivor was reserved for the bear pit,dont know what the big deal is about not being able to spell, willing to bet most of you are using spell check. dont worry about the turrets will figure them out on my own. TYVM. </div></div>

What everyone is telling you is that the mechanism determining click value isn't just the values displayed on the turret...

not worried about what is displayed on the turret, will machine the click stops to give the desired adjustment, per click.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not worried about what is displayed on the turret, will machine the click stops to give the desired adjustment, per click. </div></div>

That's the problem though, there are a lot of mechanical components that are built into the body of the scope such as thread pitch and the like that you won't be able to simply re-work. In-effect you would have to rebuild a significant portion of the whole scope to achieve what you're trying to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not worried about what is displayed on the turret, will machine the click stops to give the desired adjustment, per click. </div></div>

That's the problem though, there are a lot of mechanical components that are built into the body of the scope such as thread pitch and the like that you won't be able to simply re-work. In-effect you would have to rebuild a significant portion of the whole scope to achieve what you're trying to do. </div></div>

Shot in the Dark,I think your argument is falling on deaf ears cause he ain't listening.Kinda like trying to stop a Tweaker from tearing apart everything in the house at 3am.

I wonder what kind of scope is about to be disemboweled for lack of a better term?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a scope with 1/4 moa turrents be fitted with 1/8 moa or mil turrents. </div></div>

That was the op, but I think he's changed his tune, after his idea was shot down.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not worried about what is displayed on the turret, will machine the click stops to give the desired adjustment, per click.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CUSTOM TURRENTS </div></div>

What's a Turrent???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not worried about what is displayed on the turret, will machine the click stops to give the desired adjustment, per click. </div></div>

That's the problem though, there are a lot of mechanical components that are built into the body of the scope such as thread pitch and the like that you won't be able to simply re-work. In-effect you would have to rebuild a significant portion of the whole scope to achieve what you're trying to do. </div></div>

Shot in the Dark,I think your argument is falling on deaf ears cause he ain't listening.Kinda like trying to stop a Tweaker from tearing apart everything in the house at 3am.

I wonder what kind of scope is about to be disemboweled for lack of a better term? </div></div>

Rat, I'm starting to think you're right. Some people just have to learn the hard way. I wouldn't mind seeing the guts of a NF or a USO opened up so hopefully that will be the one being disemboweled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW what a bunch of smots, thought this behaivor was reserved for the bear pit,dont know what the big deal is about not being able to spell, willing to bet most of you are using spell check. dont worry about the turrets will figure them out on my own. TYVM. </div></div>

I think the reason we are giving you some crap is the fact that you know its spelled wrong, yet you do nothing to correct it and make yourself look not quite as lazy.

As to you post. You can change your adjustments..... by buying a new scope. You are about to invest a lot of time into something that would probably be cheaper and less man hours spent in getting a new scope and selling your old one.