• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Two Inch Taller "The Answer" Rear Bag by Enough Said

stanley_white

If it ain’t broke, you can’t resist.
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    As someone new to precision rifles, but not new to shooting in general, the biggest bad habit I brought with me was excessive pressure on the cheek weld or chin weld causing inconsistent impacts. While I do not like technical solutions to training problems (remember three round burst?), I developed a theory that if I went with a chin weld instead of a cheek weld, and if I found a stock that was extremely skinny and therefore did not have surface area for my chin or cheek to press on, things would get better. The Sport Tact Lite Buttstock from Accurate Mag, with its cheek piece removed, seemed like just the ticket.

But, of course, now there was a problem...

My The Answer rear bag from @Enough Said was not tall enough to work well with my new stock. I reached out to @Enough Said and asked if I could get a version of The Answer that was two inches taller than normal. My wish was granted.

Here is a picture of my two inch taller The Answer compared to a standard sized The Answer:

943664FB-A480-4988-A0C2-F01C36238970.jpeg

Here is my two inch taller The Answer with my rifle and the Accurate Mag Sport Tact Lite Buttstock:

EDE46256-015F-4156-8696-412DA4529FE5.jpeg

And here are my Pincers:

7B9F110B-123C-4597-A941-195501A3F0AA.jpeg

I want to very publicly thank @Enough Said for making me this two inch taller version of The Answer. For my purposes, it is perfect.

-Stan

Pictures of you on the gun in various shooting positions with this chin weld ?

I do not have any.

I can say my jaw lightly touches the buttstock and the thinness also makes it so I don’t have to tilt my head at all to get behind the scope. Between the buttstock and my extra high scope rings my head is vertical when prone.

-Stan

Is this for sale anywhere?

Reactions: howler