• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Custom Zero Stops on the Hide?

RTA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
S. Georgia
Can another member tell how to get in touch with a guy that made some zero stop shims/ washers for the leupold and nightforce shops sometime back. Is he still making any? I bought several leupold sets back then and I need some more. Many thanks for the help.

Re: Custom Zero Stops on the Hide?

I purchased 4 sets from him but I'm pretty sure he quit making them due to Nightforce and all the flack from the forums. You can just go to Lowes and purchase some nylon washers and drill out the center to fit your stem for the NF. I think rubber o-rings stacked up will work for the Leupold.

Nylon washers, brass washer for fuel injection setups at NAPA, peel washers, shim kits, all sorts of sources.

Correct, the prior guy doesn't do them anymore. I use nylon washers from Ace sized properly with some patience for my USO #3's......

It'd be cool is someone wanted to go into producing these again, there's always a demand. Vortex got smart and integrated it into their design on the PST's coming out soon.

Thanks guys for all the help. That's enough info to try some myself. Did not know that he got so much crap over them. The ones I got worked well enough for me. thanks again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did not know that he got so much crap over them. </div></div>

NF altered their waranty policy over them, ie, the use of them voided your scopes warranty. One of the reasons I refuse to spend a dime on NF since.

Just wondering, how can NF prove that you where using the shim (Custom/Homemade) zero stop? If you are sending your scope in for warranty work couldn't you just take the shims out?

They claimed that they could tell by the damage to their uber-fine threads. I think it was a BS ploy becasue they were preparing to hit the market with their ZS turrets at the time and wanted to kill and cheap DIY competition.

Damn, I always wanted to get a pair for my nikon tactical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone care to post some pics of how this is done. </div></div>

+1