• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Customer Service experience with a few manufacturs

repiv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
The Colony Texas
www.dallasmicro.com
I think alot of us here have had the small miscellaneous part break from RCBS and they are happy to replace it with no questions asked and we don’t even need to send in the broken part. They just ship it right out.

I also can add Hornady and Lapua to this list for me. I bought a couple hundred .223 cases from Lapua and 2-3 of them had case mouths that looked as if part of the brass had been torn away. Not dinted but ripped pretty deep into the neck. Anyway I went to their site and sent a message to that effect and they called me back and also sent me 7-8 replacement cases and they were only interested in the lot numbers to make sure there was not an ongoing quality issue. Yeah I know a small token on their part for a few cases, but good customer service. They didn’t ask for the defective cases back either.

Hornady really surprised me. I bought one of their first generation sonic cleaners. I am pretty sure it was out of warranty and it had failed. I didnt remember where I had bought it or when. I called them just to see if they would replace it or do anything before I threw it away. Not only did they say they would take care of it, they didn’t ask for a receipt, and they got my email address to send me a call tag to send it back on them. I then said I wish I could upgrade to the latest version. She said how about a $15 charge and they would do just that? Wow. I got my old non working out of warranty cleaner replaced with the newer version for $15 and didn’t have to pay shipping to return the old one. Next time I need something other than the bullets I already shoot I will try to give Hornady my business.

Lee on the other hand not so much............
I had one of their primer tools (actually 4 of them) and the handle broke on the one I use for my 308. I called them and they said they don’t make it anymore and I could buy a new one from them for a "discount" if I returned my broken one. The discount turned out the be the same price Midway sells them for new. Oh well at least it didn’t cost much when I bought it. Its replacement wont be a Lee.

Anyone else care to share???

Re: Customer Service experience with a few manufacturs

I too have had great CS with Hornady; they are very helpful and the people on the phone have been knowledgeable about their product.

I also have had badly dented case mouths with Lapua brass and they have sent out a handful of brass to compensate. However I feel like this is something that shouldn't be allowed to happen in the first place; I'm paying more for 338 brass than what most factory ammo costs- I feel like they could ship it in something similar to ammo boxes to protect it better.

Nightforce- Very knowledgeable people and more than willing to help out. One of their reps responded to an email I sent them with his direct phone number so he could talk me through an issue I was having.

My experience is that Dillon and RCBS both have on-shore support who are knowledgeable and ship parts free of charge. It's a pleasure dealing with them both.

In addition to Hornady, RCBS and Dillon...Redding, Giraud, Forster all have top notch CS.

Dillon, Bagmaster, Redding, & Ruger have been very good over the years. Dillon is outstanding. It's nice to see which manufacturer's stand behind their products.

i dont think as highly of hornady as you do. I busted my 50 cal die, the expander assembly had become deformed. I sent it back to hornady , they told me they would fix it for free but (his exact words) "next time your on your own"

ya , RCBS has great customer service ,that's why they don't offer custom products upon request, because that would not better serve their customers...

Redding. I had a problem with a 260 die, emailed and received a reply in less than 30 minutes. We figured out the problem and I had replacement parts in 3 days.

As far as broken parts go; Redding, RCBS, and Rock River have been great for customer service. Redding and RCBS have sent parts from phone calls or email. Rock River exchanged my NMA2 trigger after mine wouldn't make weight.

Lee will answer questions but I paid for my replacement parts.

I haven't broke anything from Dillon yet.

As much as I like my Pact Dispenser/Scale combo they have the worst service I've dealt with. Slow repairs and they don't contact you for nothing.