• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Customized Deer/Antelope Rifle - 280 Rem - SOLD

Iamero

Barksa #1 Fanboy & Professional Paper Puncher
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Michigan
    I don't think I will be doing much hunting, if any, above the rifle/shotgun line here in Michigan so this rifle isn't going to get much use. This started off as a bit of an anomaly because this action was sitting on a shelf in my buddy's shop forever. I picked it up and decided 'what the heck, lets build on it'.

Built by Chad @ 5x5 Precision:
    Action
    : Charter Arms Field King (flat bottom, integral lug, push-feed action like the Howa. This is what the Mossberg ATR is now based off from)
    Action Work: blueprinted and lugs have been lapped to even up contact
    Barrel: Shilen match grade SS 1:9 twist finished at 24", threaded 5/8x24. Barrel profile is between a 3b and a sendero. I would say similar to a light varmint maybe.
    Brake: Heathen Insight
    Finish: Action and barrel cerakoted graphite black
    Trigger: Timney set at 2lbs from factory
    Scope Base: EGW scope base (I think I got a 20MOA but don't recall)
    Stock: Boyd's Classlic Laminate in Nutmeg. Bedded for this action by me (I think it went really well and looks good!)
    Round Count: 28 rounds through the pipe. I shot both Winchester and Hornady factory ammo sub-MOA with it (around 3/4ish with Win and a solid 5/8-3/4 with Hornady ELDX)

$1,250 shipped for the rifle as described above. $1175 if I keep the brake.
    For $750 more I will include the VX3 LR 6.5-20 Side Focus SFP Duplex, rings, and the stock pack.

Trades:

- match 308 win ammo in the 168-175gr flavor
    - 6mm Creed ammo

05C25D12-E2A6-4F38-A4CA-2850156B3E78.jpeg
    E576C702-F997-4DCF-AFA7-F471A587A364.jpeg
    29B8F2EC-D1C5-43CD-AAB3-E7856066329E.jpeg

FCBDFF13-CCF8-486F-8460-E46E52F5CD40.jpeg

Last edited:
    Thanks man! Everyone needs a classic looking custom banger in their safe!

Who needs a nice rifle to stomp some deer and antelope?

Up top with a big price drop. Just want to get it out of my safe as I no longer need it for deer season.

Top. Got a couple deer with it this year and ready to go onto another home.