• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Customized Knife Scales Question

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
The knife is a benchmade skirmish. I am looking for someone to acid etch the blade and do some scalloping on the Ti scales and recoat them. I am looking for a kind of dimple pattern kind of like the dimples Knights Armament use.

Does any one on here do any work like this? I really am not to fond of the colors of the current scales. If you look at the pic you may be able to tell why...

2012-08-24_17-54-56_326.jpg

Re: Customized Knife Scales Question

Check out TuffThumbz over on YouTube. He does good work. Also check over on BladeForums as there are some other guys in the "pimp" business as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tuffthumbz/featured

BTW.. I have one of those too. Mine has the Oxyclean treatment.. turns the TI a cool gray color.

I would definitely look at Tuffknives stuff. I have 2 fixed blades that he is doing for me that I should have back shortly. He has a lot variations he can do and you can check them out on his website.

Just sent him an email. It looks like he does some pretty sweet stuff. I saw a skirmish in one video that looked amazing!

You might want to call him he is busy and doesn't reply to emails very often it seems. He asnswers the phone though.