• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Customizing my Tikka T3 Tactical .308

lavaspit

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Northern Califronia
www.p4rse.com
Optics: Im trying to decide whether to keep my Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm Long Range / Tactical M5 Matte Front Focal Reticle, or my Nightforce 5.5 - 22x50 NXS. is a 50 mm bell overkill for this rifle? i also really do like the caps on the Leupold but they came with it. Nightforce, as you guys probably know, has a giant rubber band thing. Probably another couple parts i have to buy. i do have the Titanium rings for it which are sweet. i havent un-boxed the cope except to check to see if it was in tact, and the Leupold hasn't seen any action either. What to keep, what to sell. (Side note: I cant list here becasue I don't haev enough posts, so Im looking for a legit way to do that without using some intermediary who takes 30% or more - Itheyre both brand new scopes and I think they are worth the money even if someone just saved on tax, shipping, and maybe $100 knocked off).

Chassis: I really wanted to get a thumbhole stock for this rifle. I though tit would look and feel great. i waited many months for Tikkashooters to cast the mold, and when it came time to paint it, whoever they sent it out to dropped the ball. So now Im strongly leaning towards an XLR for the price, the unique looks, and the rails. but its hard to find stocks for this rifle. There may be something out there for even less that I dont know about. i saw a review on YouTube for Bell & Carelsons / Stocky, but they dont seem to cover the Tikka T3. *Another thing I like about the XLR is the folding stock. i ride a motorcycle, so the whole rig will need to go in a tactical backpack of some kind.

Sure, I should have bought a Remington 700 if I wanted to get all crazy with the stock. But i didn't. I have a Tikka, an I want to do right by it. Someday i will have both maybe.

So, opinions are welcomed.

Attachments

• opplanet-leupold-mk4-3-5-10x40-lrt-m5-ff.jpg
    opplanet-leupold-mk4-3-5-10x40-lrt-m5-ff.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 46
  • opplanet-nightforce-55-22x50-nxs-riflescope.jpg
    opplanet-nightforce-55-22x50-nxs-riflescope.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 43
There is a bunch of cool stock options for the Tikkas nowadays. I really like the Whiskey 3 chassis, the xlr is cool too. The Rodale Precision wicked looking, but gotta order from German with long lead times I think. I'd also love a Mcmillan or a Manners. I think you'll be glad of the Tikka over the Rem for the Silky smooth bolt. For the optics, If shooting mostly 900 yards and in, I'd go with the Leupy. For 1000 and over very often, I'd go with the NXS.

The bolt is very smooth. Mine is polymer, i think. Its black, a tleast. i havent realy seen my rifle exactly as it is online. I have a heavy barrel with a matte black finish - same with the reciever and all the action. Most of what I see is anodized or just silver. makes me wonder if I should be more concerned with upgrading diferent compnents. At least with the XLR its automatically inlet for standard clips instead of the plastic mag.

I really want to make this a highly tactical rifle, maybe even with a 45 degree flip red dot. But I also want it to be simple. I like the XLR solution for the folding stock, and for the option of geting a magpul PRS later on.

Maybe Ill get a Pelican case and keep both scopes in it. But If I sell one, ill have enough for the stock right there.

Any ideas on how where to list the Nightforce?

Thanks man.