• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes cutting a badger base !

joshdg09

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
louisiana
hey guys, here is the deal. i have a leupold mk4 4.5x14, in badger medium rings, sitting on a badger 20moa base. the problem is i cant get the scope far back enough to achieve proper eye relief. i am pretty handy with a dremel tool and file so can anyone give me a good reason not to cut a small section off the front of my base ? this would allow me to slide my scope back enough for perfect eye relief.

Re: cutting a badger base !

I fail to see why cutting the front off will get the scope farther back??? pics may help. hitting the objective bell maybe?

Cut it, do what you have to do. Mine scope bell is very close to the base as well.

That problem is really not that uncommon since the Leupold 4.5-14x is a rather short scope. I've cut off the front of the base before with no ill effects at all. On setups where I don't need the additional forward rail space I like to trim it off flush with the end of the receiver. It provides a cleaner look, and won't catch any shit between the base and the barrel like a full length rail will.

Just my $.02